Has anyone given the Jets credit?

PromoTheRobot

don't look at stats; look at the actual game.

785184[/snapback]

OK. Well maybe its just me, but in my opinion he had a decent game. It wasnt that great. He didnt convert on many 3rd downs (36% i believe) and only had 8 passing first downs (which just so happens to beat close to half what Losman had ... his team won, but I dont think he had an outstanding game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to know why we lost today?  We played a good  team.  Pennington was masterful.  His O-line protected him all day.  The Jets coaches made the right adjustments.  Jonathan Vilma is an animal.  Yes, the Bills definitely helped them with turnovers, but the Jets earned that win.

PTR

785110[/snapback]

I think you are absolutely right. The turnovers did not help one bit

but......................

Pennington looks like a seasoned vet out there, he did not get razzled as seen in past games.

Buffalo got outcoached for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. Mangini's plan of having Pennington use 3 step drops really stymied the Bills pass rush and confused the secondary who were used to having the QB's be forced into errant positions.

Outcoached and outmanaged on the offense.

Sadly goes to prove that huge numbers don't always equal a win.

OK. Well maybe its just me, but in my opinion he had a decent game. It wasnt that great. He didnt convert on many 3rd downs (36% i believe) and only had 8 passing first downs (which just so happens to beat close to half what Losman had ... his team won, but I dont think he had an outstanding game.

785192[/snapback]

my take is that he didn't do anything stupid early on when the bills jumped all over them, made the jets' drives count for TDs, and managed the game when the jets took the lead. bottom line - it was a pretty easy victory for the jets despite the fact that the bills dominated early and kicked their butts in the yardage department. i think pennington was the difference.

Let's see here, first you said this:

Once again I disagree. If this was the Bills beating the Colts instead of the Jets beating the Bills there would be no "the bills have a decent team"

785146[/snapback]

Now you change it to this:

Thats retarded. If the Colts doubled our yardage, couldnt make a few 4th downs, went for a horrid fake field goal, couldnt get in the endzone on the 2 yard line for 3 straight plays then I certainly dont think that anyone but homer Bills fans would be raving about how good we are.

785146[/snapback]

Thats [sic] retarded.

Fact of the matter is, the Jets took advantage of every opportunity they were given. Their coaching called all of the right plays and they put points on the board when they needed to. Let's face it, From mid-2nd quarter on, the Jets owned this game. Maybe not in yardage, but they controlled the tempo. They got the turnovers when they needed to, and they made the stops when they needed to. More importantly, they put the points on the board when they had the opportunity, and controlled the clock with great on field leadership from Pennington.

It has nothing to do with who is better. The Jets simply out-coached the Bills today. This is the 2nd game this year that the Bills coaching staff has cost them a win. After the "Let's go for it" call against the Pats that cost them the momentum, and ultimately, the game, they come into this game with a horrible fake FG call and completely suspect playcalling. I'm sorry, but when Willis had been slamming the ball down our throat all day long like that, what is the point of running a PA Bootleg on the 2 yard line? Between that and the non-use of the challenge flag, the Bills were simply out-coached.

I am a Jets fan, and will tell you that the Jets with continuous defensive play like we had today, we will win no more than 6 games this year. However, if this staff can get this young team to play better each week, we might be able to squeak out 8 or 9 wins this year. Not bad, considering most "experts" were giving us the #1 pick before the year started.

I'll give them credit for winning fair and square.  But the Bills lost this game.  That's taking nothing away from the Jets who did what they had to do.  All it would have taken IMHO is Willis blocking Rhodes on that play.

785265[/snapback]

I'm with you on this one. That was the turning point. I don't question the play calling too much.

That field goal would have been a 53 yarder and if you weren't at the game you have no idea how windy it was. It was with the wind but the gusts were so wild who knows what would have happened. I would have rather seen us just go for it on 4th and 3 instead of a fake.. But again if that fake works, everyone thinks Jauron is a genius. Someone also commented about running McGahee when we were on the two instead of the naked bootleg. Whenever it is a short yardage situation it seems other teams have been able to stop us easily so for the first time this year Jauron tried to use Losman's legs and the Jets player read it perfectly.. Oh well. I will say i feel like we don't have that WR/TE that can come down with a ball in short yardage and red zone situations. That allows teams to focus on stopping the run because we don't have much of a passing threat in those situations.. The Jets may not have statistically beaten us but they came out with the win. Time to get ready for the Vikings I guess..

Jonathan Vilma is an animal. 

785110[/snapback]

not to highjack the thread, but vilma has to be one of the most overrated players in the league. i saw him make one good play - a tackle for loss on mcgahee. the rest of the game he was making tackles 5 yards downfield.

not to highjack the thread, but vilma has to be one of the most overrated players in the league. i saw him make one good play - a tackle for loss on mcgahee. the rest of the game he was making tackles 5 yards downfield.

785614[/snapback]

Not to mention, he had a PI, a roughing the passer and a horsecollar (that was him, wasn't it?)

785614[/snapback]

But London Fletcher is great, right?

regardless of my opinion on fletcher i still think vilma is one of the most overrated players in the nfl.

785636[/snapback]

I've often heard Jets fans say that Fletcher is a completely overrated player because he is always making tackles five yards down the field.... so it just seems ironic to have a Bills fan making that critique of Vilma....

I've often heard Jets fans say that Fletcher is a completely overrated player because he is always making tackles five yards down the field.... so it just seems ironic to have a Bills fan making that critique of Vilma....

785637[/snapback]

and you noticed me saying i rated fletcher less than vilma, too, didn't you? the difference here is i'm not claiming fletcher to be all-world like some people claim vilma is.