What do you say to Jp after our loss to the Jets?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont blame jp for this game. how could you, the blitz pickup was terrible on the 2nd fumble which resulted in a touchdown was mcgahees fault. We're supposed to have a super defense which wants the opponent to play into the pass because we can rush 4 rushers and pressure the QB. no pressure on chad pennington. no turnovers forced.

JP is not the scapegoat of this game.

Hey don't bash on Willis.  He got over 140 yards rushing.  He the only player on this team that has actually played well.

784606[/snapback]

You need to watch more of what's going on instead of just following the ball.

Hey don't bash on Willis.  He got over 140 yards rushing.  He the only player on this team that has actually played well.

784606[/snapback]

So what? JP had over 300 yards. Pennington had like 180. You can't say that stats tell the whole story on one hand and that they don't on another. This is not fantasy football.

Willis is a good running back and a below average blocking back. He deserves an indictment on those fumbles more than JP does. He was counted on for protection. He didn't supply it. Learn football.

The fumble that the Jets ran back (to break the game open) was entirely his fault.

784611[/snapback]

So what. Jp hangs on to the ball way too long. Like what Bledsoe does. Jp should have realized by the crowd noise that the defender was right on his tail. It seems to work a high school games.

784606[/snapback]

Don't bash willis for being whiffing on a block? I will bash willis for always being a bad pass protector. People are bashign JP for no pocket presence, the reason why the pocket presence wasnt there because he trusts his teammates to do their job so he can do his. Mcgahee didnt do his job on blitz pickup, so im going to bash him.

bull sh--.  McGahee is a poor pass blocker and relying on him for that duty has proven to be a liability more than once.

784594[/snapback]

Nice to hear Dick say the blitz on the second fumble should have been picked up by WM. None of that "I've got to see the film" kitty foot'n around on who was responsible.

So what. Jp hangs on to the ball way too long.  Like what Bledsoe does.  Jp should have realzed by the crowd noise that the defender was right on his tail.

784616[/snapback]

:) Of course. Crowd noise. The leading indicator of what to do in a football game.

No matter. Next game we win, JP rules, right? :P

So what. Jp hangs on to the ball way too long.  Like what Bledsoe does.  Jp should have realzed by the crowd noise that the defender was right on his tail.

784616[/snapback]

Holds onto the ball too long? The guy ran untouched into the backfield and hit JP. Are you saying that JP shouldn't trust his RB to pick up the blitz and should simply tuck the ball in and run everytime the D sends a blitz?

Nice to hear Dick say the blitz on the second fumble should have been picked up by WM.  None of that "I've got to see the film" kitty foot'n around on who was responsible.

784619[/snapback]

Clearly Jauron doesn't know what he's talking about. It was obviously JP's fault for not hearing the crowd noise and knowing he was about to get hit by an untouched defender.

784606[/snapback]

Willis ran the ball well today. Too bad that's only one part of the game. He failed miserably in the other part of his game which is equally important -- blocking.

Willis Grades:

Running = B+ had some big holes today, but still didn't get it into the end zone

Blocking = D

Catching = C....he caught a few, and dropped a few

784616[/snapback]

There's no way you can say JP held onto the ball too long on that play. He was getting rid of the ball quickly but when a blitzer runs into the backfield completely untouched these things are going to happen.

The crowd noise? Maybe you can't tell from your living room but if you're actually on the field, there are about 1000 things happening all around you at once. Players are not paying attention to the crowd noise.

Holds onto the ball too long?  The guy ran untouched into the backfield and hit JP.  Are you saying that JP shouldn't trust his RB to pick up the blitz and should simply tuck the ball in and run everytime the D sends a blitz?

784625[/snapback]

I'm not saying that. He should trust Willis but he has to realize that he can't rely on Willis to pick up a rusher all the time.

I'm not saying that.  He should trust Willis but he has to realize that he can't rely on Willis to pick up a rusher all the time.

784637[/snapback]

What the hell? Cant rely on willis to do it all the time? Then when should he realize he should rely on willis? So he has to trust willis that he cant do his job? What are you trying to say here?

I'm not saying that.  He should trust Willis but he has to realize that he can't rely on Willis to pick up a rusher all the time.

784637[/snapback]

BLITZ PICKUP IS PART OF THE BLOCKING SCHEME.

Should he not trust that Gandy, or Villarial, or Fowler, or Peters, or Reyes are going to pick up their blockers? Because, jeez, that's not going to happen all the time?

Good lord, man. If he can't rely on Willis to pick up the blitz, it's Willis' fault. Simple as that. Crowd noise be damned.

I don't think he saw the blitz or else he wouldn't have cocked his arm back right into the guy blitzing him.  I think he started rolling out naturally or else the play was designed for him to roll out.

Those things just happen with quarterbacks.  The ball is completely exposed when you rooster your arm.  The same thing happened to Tom Brady on his first play from scrimmage this year.  There's no way a quarterback gets through a whole season without that play happening.

784510[/snapback]

Right on. JP played a great game.

Those 90 mph passes to MaGahee in the flat were as good as it gets. Touch on passes means zero. As a matter of fact, JP will be better if he throws his short passes in the flat just a little harder.

This is what football is all about.