This weeks football picks

Dante

What are some of the best bets this weekend guys? Last week I did very well going by TSW picks in a similar thread. One game that stands out to me as a pretty solid lock is the Bears.

782795[/snapback]

Miami is giving 11.5 to Tennessee. I don't bet on the favorite team, but I would glady take the points.

What about the NCAA, any games out there you see as locks?

Here are three picks that I like this weekend:

1. Denver +7 at New England: Denver is due to play a better game soon, the defense should keep them in the game. I expect Plummer and the Broncos to find themselves a bit more on the offensive side of the ball this weekend.

2. Pittsburgh -2 vs Cincinnati- Do not get off the Steelers bandwagon so fast. The Steelers D should hold down the Bengals attack and the Bengals D is not even close to that of the Jags...expect Big Ben and Willie Parker to have nice games this weekend.

3. Chicago -3.5 at Minnesota- The Vikings to me seem like they got 2 wins with smoke and mirrors (Fake FG, should have lost At Wash). The Bears are for real, as long as Thomas Jones can rush for 75+ yards, and Grossman stays away from mistakes, the Bears will take care of business.

College:

1. Wisconsin +13 at Michigan- Call this a letdown game for Big Blue after the massacre at South Bend. UM wins the game, but the Badgers are still a very solid team, I take the points here.

2. Kansas State +14 vs Louisville- Granted K State is not what they once were, but right now neither will Louisville. Without the services of dymamic RB Michael Bush and now QB Brian Brohm, the Cardinals losses will show more now that they are on the road. Kansas State will keep this one close.

1.  Denver +7 at New England:  Denver is due to play a better game soon, the defense should keep them in the game.  I expect Plummer and the Broncos to find themselves a bit more on the offensive side of the ball this weekend.

2.  Pittsburgh -2 vs Cincinnati- Do not get off the Steelers bandwagon so fast.  The Steelers D should hold down the Bengals attack and the Bengals D is not even close to that of the Jags...expect Big Ben and Willie Parker to have nice games this weekend.

3.  Chicago -3.5 at Minnesota-  The Vikings to me seem like they got 2 wins with smoke and mirrors (Fake FG, should have lost At Wash).  The Bears are for real, as long as Thomas Jones can rush for 75+ yards, and Grossman stays away from mistakes, the Bears will take care of business.

College:

1. Wisconsin +13 at Michigan-  Call this a letdown game for Big Blue after the massacre at South Bend.  UM wins the game, but the Badgers are still a very solid team, I take the points here.

2.  Kansas State +14 vs Louisville- Granted K State is not what they once were, but right now neither will Louisville.  Without the services of dymamic RB Michael Bush and now QB Brian Brohm, the Cardinals losses will show more now that they are on the road.  Kansas State will keep this one close.

782882[/snapback]

Nah!! Michigan makes that spread easily! Wisconsin beat them last year remember?? Michigan wants revenge, plus it's their BIg Ten opener! Michigan by 24+ ...book it!!

Trying to rebound from last week:

SYRACUSE -6.5 over Miami (Ohio)

Notre Dame -3.5 over MICHIGAN STATE

Baltimore -6.5 over CLEVELAND

INDIANAPOLIS -9 over Jacksonville

NEW ORLEANS Pick over Atlanta*

*Best bet

The 'Cuse is playing better. The Irish need to rebound (like me). Is Baltimore for real? Jax letdown after huge MNF shutout. Saints return to NO feels good.

I hate the lines this week, but I'm in a pool and these are my picks. You just might make a killing going against me.

:D

I'm by no means an expert, but I DID make some money last week...I did a 5 team teaser, getting an extra 6 points each:

Bengals +8 vs Steelers

Dolphins -5 vs Titans

Packers +13 vs Lions

Ravens -1 vs Browns

Falcons +2 vs Saints

2. Pittsburgh -2 vs Cincinnati- Big ben is healthy and at home...the Bengals D is very banged up, and Palmer will be having nightmares of the last time he was in the stadium. I take Pittsburgh all the way, take it to the bank.

On a side note, I really think Auburn will have no trouble covering 42.5 against UB either.

Nah!! Michigan makes that spread easily! Wisconsin beat them last year remember?? Michigan wants revenge, plus it's their BIg Ten opener! Michigan by 24+ ...book it!!

782911[/snapback]

When the heart speaks like now suddendly cocky and overconfident Big Blue fans...that means do not make a bet at all :D

2. Pittsburgh -2 vs Cincinnati-  Big ben is healthy and at home...the Bengals D is very banged up, and Palmer will be having nightmares of the last time he was in the stadium.  I take Pittsburgh all the way, take it to the bank.

On a side note, I really think Auburn will have no trouble covering 42.5 against UB either.

783049[/snapback]

Except that Pittsburgh looked like crap on a stick against the Jaguars.

But then Pitt -2 against the Bengals looks like such a sucker bet that I'd probably bet on the Steelers.

I'm by no means an expert, but I DID make some money last week...I did a 5 team teaser, getting an extra 6 points each:

Bengals +8 vs Steelers

Dolphins -5 vs Titans

Packers +13 vs Lions

Ravens -1 vs Browns

Falcons +2 vs Saints

782938[/snapback]

I dont understand that udonkey. For taking 5 teams they gave you 6 points each game?

Thanks bp.btw having a little trouble with the Rams At Cards. Packers At Lions. Panthers at Bucs

Cards -4.5

Buc's + 3.5

Lions -6.5

Any thoughts? Cards have the offence to put up numbers so Im leaning to them. Steven Jackson didnt impress me last week vs the Niners but Holt and Bruce can still do sufficient damage

Im leaning to the Panthers just because Smith may play.

Im leaning Lions just because GB's defence is maybe the worst in the NFL.

1.  Denver +7 at New England:  Denver is due to play a better game soon, the defense should keep them in the game.  I expect Plummer and the Broncos to find themselves a bit more on the offensive side of the ball this weekend.

2.  Pittsburgh -2 vs Cincinnati- Do not get off the Steelers bandwagon so fast.  The Steelers D should hold down the Bengals attack and the Bengals D is not even close to that of the Jags...expect Big Ben and Willie Parker to have nice games this weekend.

3.  Chicago -3.5 at Minnesota-  The Vikings to me seem like they got 2 wins with smoke and mirrors (Fake FG, should have lost At Wash).  The Bears are for real, as long as Thomas Jones can rush for 75+ yards, and Grossman stays away from mistakes, the Bears will take care of business.

782882[/snapback]

I like Pittsburgh. Seeing as how they're one of the few known quantities in the league, I'm surprised that their poor performance Monday night apparantly affected the line that much (they'd probably be -4 or so if they had won in Jax). Plus it's obviously more important to Pitt than Cincy; -2 seems pretty low to me.

I honestly can't envision any way Denver wins outright, therefore I'd be a bit hesitant to take 7. Lets face it the Broncos got outplayed in the playoffs last year and "outPatrioted" the Patriots. NE has all the intangibles going for them in this one much like Dallas did last Sunday night. I can see Denver getting spanked pretty easily.

While I agree that Minnesota is fortunate to be 2-0 and Chicago is probably the better team, I don't understand why everyone loves laying 3+. Bears offense looks good so far, but to my knowledge Grossman has never played a defense as good as the Vikings on the road.

Thanks bp.btw having a little trouble with the Rams At Cards. Packers At Lions. Panthers at Bucs

Cards -4.5

Buc's + 3.5

Lions -6.5

Any thoughts? Cards have the offence to put up numbers so Im leaning to them. Steven Jackson didnt impress me last week vs the Niners but Holt and Bruce can still do sufficient damage

Im leaning to the Panthers just because Smith may play.

Im leaning Lions just because GB's defence is maybe the worst in the NFL.

783390[/snapback]

I like Carolina -3.5 because they're the much better team. Both of those teams for the last few years have played better on the road, so homefield is of virtually no concern.

Cards -4 - when in doubt, pick against the Rams on the road.

Lions -6.5 - I'm ok with that. GB just really really sucks.

lol..this thread is hilarious after the fact...read my earlier post and save yourselves some money

785487[/snapback]

To add insult to injury, I got a small ($50) bet in on the Giants just before kickoff. 10 minutes later when Seattle was up 14-0, a guy at our table said, "I can't understand how anyone would bet on the Giants." My friend then said, "If you want to punch him in the face, I'm not going to stop you."