WFAN NY - Drive home

richNjoisy

Jauron was interviewd

stated TKO did not practice today

was questionable and would be game time decision

I have no link etc - this was an interview I heard of Jauron on WFAN at~ 4:30 today

782325[/snapback]

Jauron's statement was confirmed at KFFL.com - Bowen, also, did not practice today and is still listed as questionable

They both practiced today, but sat out of the 11 on 11 reps.
Are you CERTAIN you are not reporting yesterday's practice?

I HEARD Jauron state emphatically that TKO did not practice

On the official injury report, the NFL defines 'missing practice' as missing any part of 11-on-11 drills. I heard the same thing 34-78-83 did, during Jauron's weekly appearance on Sirius this afternoon.

From the official release:

NEW YORK JETS AT BUFFALO BILLS

New York Jets

DOUBTFUL C Trey Teague (Ankle)

QUESTIONABLE CB David Barrett (Hip); WR Laveranues Coles (Calf); WR Tim Dwight (Thigh); G Pete Kendall (Thigh)

PROBABLE DE Dave Ball (Hand); LB Matt Chatham (Foot); QB Chad Pennington (Calf); S Kerry Rhodes (Ankle); DT Kimo Von Oelhoffen (Knee)

Listed players who did not participate in ''team'' practice:

(Defined as missing any portion of 11-on-11 team work)

WED Trey Teague; David Barrett; Laveranues Coles; Tim Dwight; Pete Kendall

THURS Trey Teague; David Barrett; Laveranues Coles; Tim Dwight; Pete Kendall

FRI

Buffalo Bills

QUESTIONABLE S Matt Bowen (Shin); S Takeo Spikes (Hamstring)

Listed players who did not participate in ''team'' practice:

(Defined as missing any portion of 11-on-11 team work)

WED Takeo Spikes; Matt Bowen

THURS Matt Bowen; Takeo Spikes

FRI

In team news Thursday, coach Dick Jauron said that both Takeo Spikes and Matt Bowen are questionable and will be game time decisions. Both were limited and neither participated in 11-on-11 drills for the second straight day.

WGR55

In team news Thursday, coach Dick Jauron said that both Takeo Spikes and Matt Bowen are questionable and will be game time decisions. Both were limited and neither participated in 11-on-11 drills for the second straight day.

WGR55

782524[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification

I highly doubt they play. Not against the Jets, at home. Not to say the Jets are a pushover for this team, but I just can't see them starting when they've missed this much practice time. It's too early in the season to push anyone more than they have to.

Maybe they let Spikes start the first play so he can be announced in the starting lineup. Really not neccessary, but it would be a nice tribute.