Bills/Jets in HD this week!

Fezmid

Does this mean the game won’t be blacked out because of regional coverage (WIVB) because the game is on 719 in HD?

782062[/snapback]

Since you mention WIVB, I presume you're in Buffalo. If so, this is a case where locals can and do get screwed. The HD broadcast on 719 will most likely be blacked out in Buffalo since they're showing it on the local station. If you get locals through DirecTV, no problem, you can watch it there - BUT not in HD. The only local way to get it in HD is through an off air antenna picking up the local HD signal.

Since you mention WIVB, I presume you're in Buffalo.  If so, this is a case where locals can and do get screwed.  The HD broadcast on 719 will most likely be blacked out in Buffalo since they're showing it on the local station.  If you get locals through DirecTV, no problem, you can watch it there - BUT not in HD.  The only local way to get it in HD is through an off air antenna picking up the local HD signal.

782377[/snapback]

This is correct - blame the local networks for this. They bitched and moaned about people not watching their broadcast (and thus not watching their commercials) and got the broadcast rules changed. :doh:

This is correct - blame the local networks for this.  They bitched and moaned about people not watching their broadcast (and thus not watching their commercials) and got the broadcast rules changed. :D

782483[/snapback]

Like i watch commercials during a football game anyways I am either running to the john or flipping around the other games

unfortunatly the sound of the game on the radio and the action on your tv will not be syncronized... so you may eihter see or hear the play before the other happens.. personally i would never be able to watch it like that

782919[/snapback]

Thats why you pause your TV until the sirius feed catches up and then you syncronize it. So basically, your TV feed and the radio feed that your listening to are both 30 or 40 seconds behind. Hence, the need for DVR. I did it during the sabres playoffs last yr.

I just ordered Direct TV nfl sunday ticket, it was kinda pricey is it worth it?

782875[/snapback]

I ordered direct tv and the sunday ticket before the season began. During week one they gave everyone a free week of superfan...thus, giving me 9 game in HD. I wasn't aware that you had to get the superfan to get more games in HD, so when week 2 came, and the bills game wasn't in HD (even though it was broadcast in HD) I was pissed. I called direct tv and they said you need to spend another $100 to get up to 9 games a week in HD. I made up a story that I was told I would be getting the games in HD when I signed up for the sunday ticket. They then offered it to me for $50. It's definitely worth it. The short cut games are very cool....watching a full game in 30 min.

But, the best part is the HD games.

Steve