RT-20A Detour at Varysburg ->

Tom

When leaving the Ralph, I normally head out on 20A to 390 -> 86 -> 17 -> 81 -> 380 -> 80 back to NJ. I know there is a detour around Varysburg & I'm looking for some suggestions on an alternate way home. I still plan on heading out on 20A as its not too congested & I get away quickly. I'm thinking of heading north to 20 then to 63 & over to 390, what would be the best way to get to 20 from 20A avoiding traffic? Or, is there a better route???

Thanks in advance. :angry:

can't wait.......

i live in orchard park and go to school in Geneseo so it is a pain in the ass but can be avoided. The detour will take you north on 77, and then east on 354. when you get to the 354- 98 junction and the detour turns south, turn north towards attica. You will turn east on main street attica (a confusing intersection. From here on it gets sort of confusing. You continue on main street for about 2 miles and then turn left on east main street. Stay on east main until the road forks, take the left (the road will now be called cadwell). You continue straight and go ove a strange railroad track and the road changes to W. middlebury. At junction 19 you take a left and stay on 19 until you reach a sweeping left, here you want to go straigt onto court street (you don't want to stay on 19). Follow court until you get to 63 here you want to take a right (south). 63 will run into 20A, where if you take a left will take you 390 and back to your route home. This will save you time over the detour, which sucks. I would recommend getting a map if you want to try this as the first time it is a little confusing.

i live in orchard park and go to school in Geneseo so it is a pain in the ass but can be avoided.  The detour will take you north on 77, and then east on 354.  when you get to the 354- 98 junction and the detour turns south, turn north towards attica.  You will turn east on main street attica (a confusing intersection.  From here on it gets sort of confusing.  You continue on main street for about 2 miles and then turn left on east main street.  Stay on east main until the road forks, take the left (the road will now be called cadwell).  You continue straight and go ove a strange railroad track and the road changes to W. middlebury.  At junction 19 you take a left and stay on 19 until you reach a sweeping left, here you want to go straigt onto court street (you don't want to stay on 19).  Follow court until you get to 63 here you want to take a right (south).  63 will run into 20A, where if you take a left will take you 390 and back to your route home.  This will save you time over the detour, which sucks.  I would recommend getting a map if you want to try this as the first time it is a little confusing.

781307[/snapback]

Yeah, just watch that "strange railroad track:" it's at the bottom of a steep hill. :angry: That route goes right by the farm that my band used to practice at during the summers (while it is Capwell road...big dairy farm, houses on the left, barns on the right).

I live less than 10 minutes from the Stadium in West Seneca and went to college at Geneseo. If you want the quickest way to the 390 out there from the Ralph, try this:

Rt 20 E (Southwestern Blvd) out of the Stadium

Turn L onto Rt 277 (Union Rd) in OP

Head N on 277 (Union) until you reach Clinton Street (Rt 354) in West Seneca. Approx 7 minutes.

R on Clinton (Rt 354). Continue for approx 15 minutes into Elma

L on Schwartz Road. I think there is a church on the far right corner of this intersection. Check it out on Google and you'll see there are a lot of roads you can take N from Clinton to Rt 20. I used to take Schwartz because it was recently repaved at that time.

R on Rt 20 from Schwartz. There might not be a sign indicating that it's Rt 20, but it's the busy road you hit after being on Schwartz for a few minutes.

Take Rt. 20 out to 63.

R on 63, continue through to Geneseo. You'll hit 20A eventually. Continue on 63 S until you hit the 390.

I used to come back to from Geneseo on 20, 20A, Clinton St., the thruway, etc. This is the best way.

When leaving the Ralph, I normally head out on 20A to 390 -> 86 -> 17 -> 81 -> 380 -> 80 back to NJ.  I know there is a detour around Varysburg & I'm looking for some suggestions on an alternate way home.  I still plan on heading out on 20A as its not too congested & I get away quickly.  I'm thinking of heading north to 20 then to 63 & over to 390, what would be the best way to get to 20 from 20A avoiding traffic?  Or, is there a better route???

Thanks in advance. :angry: 

can't wait.......

781279[/snapback]

How about 20A to 78N in East Aurora to 20?

Then take 20 to 390 in Avon (instead of 20A to 63 to 390 in Geneseo) and proceed as normal.

OR from the Ralph on 20A (east), turn left (north) on California and right (east) on 20.

Check it on Google Maps.

How about 20A to 78N in East Aurora to 20?

Then take 20 to 390 in Avon (instead of 20A to 63 to 390 in Geneseo) and proceed as normal.

OR from the Ralph on 20A (east), turn left (north) on California and right  (east) on 20.

Check it on Google Maps.

781405[/snapback]

20 to 390 in Avon is much further than 20 to 63 to 390 in Geneseo. Tried it that way.

When leaving the Ralph, I normally head out on 20A to 390 -> 86 -> 17 -> 81 -> 380 -> 80 back to NJ.

I always head from NYC to Buffalo this way. Since I'll be headed up for the first time in a few months, what is this detour of which you speak? Why is it there and how long will it be there?

I always take 20A b/c my folks bought a new place right near there in OP.

I used to take 390 -> 63 ->20 when they lived in W. Seneca.

Thanks.

From 20A going east turn right on Maxon Rd. first right on top of hill (byrncliff golf course on bottom of hill) turn left at first intersection , Centerline Rd., to bottom of hill, turn left on Rt.98. Takes you back to Rt.20A, turn right(east) towards Warsaw. About a 10-15 min. detour.

From 20A going east turn right on Maxon Rd. first right on top of hill (byrncliff golf course on bottom of hill) turn left at first intersection , Centerline Rd.,  to bottom of hill, turn left on Rt.98. Takes you back to Rt.20A, turn right(east) towards Warsaw. About a 10-15 min. detour.

781863[/snapback]

I doubt it takes even that long. That was the detour i was going to suggest.

From 20A going east turn right on Maxon Rd. first right on top of hill (byrncliff golf course on bottom of hill) turn left at first intersection , Centerline Rd.,  to bottom of hill, turn left on Rt.98. Takes you back to Rt.20A, turn right(east) towards Warsaw. About a 10-15 min. detour.

Thanks Romo....

I found Maxon/Centerline Rd's on Mapquest & it looks like a winner! You DaMan! :doh:

It looks to be approx 25 miles or so from The Ralph..... Thanks!!

Thanks Romo....

I found Maxon/Centerline Rd's on Mapquest & it looks like a winner!  You DaMan! :doh:

It looks to be approx 25 miles or so from The Ralph..... Thanks!!

782504[/snapback]

No problem. I used to live right there on Maxon Rd. I hope you have a good time at the game. GO BILLS!