Trade alert!

inkman

Seriously?  OMG no.  Don't be that idiot who panicks and overeacts to two games, unless you're in my league.

780997[/snapback]

I can refuse the trade and offer a counter-proposal. He has Shaun Alexander, and Willis that I'm thinking about. I need to get rid of Moss, he is killing me. I also put in bids to pick of Cotchery, Toomer, and Colston who are free agents. I'm confident I'll get two of the three. I'm also working out a trade where I send Warner for Coles, Eli Manning is my #1 and I put a bid on Grossman.

I can refuse the trade and offer a counter-proposal.  He has Shaun Alexander, and Willis that I'm thinking about.  I need to get rid of Moss, he is killing me.  I also put in bids to pick of Cotchery, Toomer, and Colston who are free agents.  I'm confident I'll get two of the three.  I'm also working out a trade where I send Warner for Coles, Eli Manning is my #1 and I put a bid on Grossman.

781018[/snapback]

No, you don't need to get rid of Moss - it's the worst time to deal him if others in your league have the same gloom opinion of him - which - evidently they do if these are the sort of garbage trade offers you're getting.

As for FA's, Cotchery & Toomer aren't going to get you anywhere. Colston might actually have some potential though.

No, you don't need to get rid of Moss - it's the worst time to deal him if others in your league have the same gloom opinion of him - which - evidently they do if these are the sort of garbage trade offers you're getting. 

As for FA's, Cotchery & Toomer aren't going to get you anywhere.  Colston might actually have some potential though.

781043[/snapback]

Randy Moss has been FF crap since 2004...I have not seen LJ play this year, but I think Frank Gore is on the verge of becoming one of the elite RBs in the NFL...I am talking about this year, not the last 6 games of 2005...I would probably make the trade...I have had Moss a few times over the years, and he has never come through for me....the Raiders are awful, and Moss is a shell of what he used to be...once Nick Saban (the genious) takes play calling away from Mularkey, or strangles him, Chambers will be a good start, I would be willing to bet, more productive than Moss...

21 TD's.

781181[/snapback]

Yeah, I said "since 2004". He had 8 td's last year, and about 1000 yards. Between his injuries, and crappy QB play, and almost sure unhappiness with his team, he is nowhere near the sure thing he used to be...he is one of thos players that will do nothing for you for weeks, and then, when you give up on him, and put him on the bench, he will have a big game...he is just unreliable for any sort of consistant production, particularly in Oakland right now...he looks slow, like he goes out of his way to avoid contact, and always looks either gimpy, or like he going through the motions...I think his best days in FF or real football, are behind him...unless he gets traded....

Yeah, I said "since 2004".  He had 8 td's last year, and about 1000 yards. Between his injuries, and crappy QB play, and almost sure unhappiness with his team, he is nowhere near the sure thing he used to be...he is one of thos players that will do nothing for you for weeks, and then, when you give up on him, and put him on the bench, he will have a big game...he is just unreliable for any sort of consistant production, particularly in Oakland right now...he looks slow, like he goes out of his way to avoid contact, and always looks either gimpy, or like he going through the motions...I think his best days in FF or real football, are behind him...unless he gets traded....

781428[/snapback]

I've been echoing those sentiments and I actually think his value won't get any higher than it is at this point. Call it what you will but I have a sneaking suspicion that Moss will get suspended/hurt or fug up in some unimaginable way and be of no value at that point. I just hate to have to part with LJ.

As for FA's, Cotchery & Toomer aren't going to get you anywhere.  Colston might actually have some potential though.

781043[/snapback]

I disagree wholeheartedly. My wideouts consist of Moss, McCardell, Stokley, and Houshmanzadeh. I've been starting Moss and McCardell. They didn't even give me 5 points combined last week. Any points out of my wideouts would be an upgrade.

Yeah, I said "since 2004".  He had 8 td's last year, and about 1000 yards. Between his injuries, and crappy QB play, and almost sure unhappiness with his team, he is nowhere near the sure thing he used to be...he is one of thos players that will do nothing for you for weeks, and then, when you give up on him, and put him on the bench, he will have a big game...he is just unreliable for any sort of consistant production, particularly in Oakland right now...he looks slow, like he goes out of his way to avoid contact, and always looks either gimpy, or like he going through the motions...I think his best days in FF or real football, are behind him...unless he gets traded....

781428[/snapback]

Yeah, he has 21 TD's since 2004. I guess you meant "since last year's injury-plagued 8TD season + 2 games this year against 2 of the best defenses in the league"? Yes, his best days are behind him. Everything else you said about him is also true for Chris Chambers (nice catch in the endzone in Pittsburgh when Dante finally put the ball in his hands).

OK well, I tried. I think it's quite obviously a bad trade, but whatever.

Yeah, he has 21 TD's since 2004.  I guess you meant "since last year's injury-plagued 8TD season + 2 games this year against 2 of the best defenses in the league"?  Yes, his best days are behind him.  Everything else you said about him is also true for Chris Chambers (nice catch in the endzone in Pittsburgh when Dante finally put the ball in his hands). 

OK well, I tried.  I think it's quite obviously a bad trade, but whatever.

781617[/snapback]

Sorry, just discussing. I have seen Moss play twice this year, and either he is just going through the motions, is still hurt, or has just lost most of his desire or speed. He is clearly not what he used to be, to me. Chambers, on the other hand, is being held back by his OC and QB. Those things are more likely to be corrected than whatever issues Moss is having in Oakland. I am a big bliever in Frank Gore...I would hate to give up LJ already too, but IMO the recievier swap is an upgrade, and with the RB, you are trading a guy who is being productive, for a guy that was supposed to be productive. I think Gore will struggle some this week against Philly (they are pretty good against the run), but if healthy, Gore will be playing against more soft defenses the rest of the way, than Larry Johnson will. The KC offense is bad!

I just talked to my buddy, with whom the trade is being discussed with. He said he is willing to trade me Willis in place of Gore. That would give me:

E. Manning/Warner

T. Jones/McGahee(Gore)

Houshmanzadeh/Chambers

Crumpler

Kaeding

Bengals/Bills

Bench

Jacobs-Barber-Droughns

McCardell-Stokley

Dallas clark

Holy sh-t. Would you like to join my fantasy league next year?

783526[/snapback]

What makes you think LJ is going to improve upon what he has done already? With Damon Huard at QB, the cheifs offense is horrendous. With T. Green at Qb the offense was barely average. SF looks like they might have something with Smith and Gore and he is actaully gettin more touches than LJ.

As far as Moss and Chambers, Chris will double Randy's output this year, count on it. I think RM is about 5 min away from total meltdown anyway. None of the Oak Qb's can get Moss the ball so i may as well get rid of him while he has any value.

I'd be shocked if Gore/Chambers doesn't outscore LJ/Moss this year.

What makes you think LJ is going to improve upon what he has done already?  With Damon Huard at QB, the cheifs offense is horrendous.  With T. Green at Qb the offense was barely average.  SF looks like they might have something with Smith and Gore and he is actaully gettin more touches than LJ. 

How you feeling today?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.