Not sold on JP until...

tornado681

People can say all they want about how JP has managed the games thus far, no pics, etc. Until he marches the BUF O 80 yds in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter to either go ahead or tie a game, I am not sold on him. The Bills havent had a 4th quarter comeback really since HUMPTY (bledsoe) led us on a few in '03. Im rooting for JP as much as anyone, but until he executes the aforementioned, Im still selling JPs stock.

--tornado

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can say all they want about how JP has managed the games thus far, no pics, etc.  Until he marches the BUF O 80 yds in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter to either go ahead or tie a game, I am not sold on him.  The Bills havent had a 4th quarter comeback really since HUMPTY (bledsoe) led us on a few in '03.  Im rooting for JP as much as anyone, but until he executes the aforementioned, Im still selling JPs stock.

--tornado

780896[/snapback]

:blush:

GOD I hope we never have to "march back", I like being in the lead myself or holding off others.

Why do fans complain when we are winning and showing an improvement?

sheesh

GOD I hope we never have to "march back", I like being in the lead myself or holding off others.

Why do fans complain when we are winning and showing an improvement?

sheesh

780899[/snapback]

Im not complaining. I would love it if we never once needed to come from behind in the 4th. But, this is going to happen. Be realistic. Until JP proves he can do this, Im not sold on him. Plain and simple.

People can say all they want about how JP has managed the games thus far, no pics, etc.  Until he marches the BUF O 80 yds in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter to either go ahead or tie a game, I am not sold on him.  The Bills havent had a 4th quarter comeback really since HUMPTY (bledsoe) led us on a few in '03.  Im rooting for JP as much as anyone, but until he executes the aforementioned, Im still selling JPs stock.

--tornado

780896[/snapback]

Fair enough. And I am not sold on the special teams until they score a kickoff/punt return for a touchdown in the final two minutes to put us ahead or tie. :blush:

I would place HOLD status on JP's stock right now, not BUY or SELL. There are plenty of things to be excited about in his development thus far without demanding that he leads the team on an 80-yard game winning drive. His production last Sunday was limited, but he did enough to prevent the Bills from needing a game-winning drive.

I'm sure that situation will present itself at some point this season, and we are all interested/excited/nervous about how JP will respond. But I would rather see JP manage a game like he did in Miami, rather than making costly mistakes for the first 58 minutes only to finish with a big drive. One drive will not make him a success.

I do hear what you're saying though. I'm VERY pleased with Lindell over the last 18 games, but I need to see him bury that 45-yarder for the win when the Bills are down 23-21. Like many players on the roster, he hasn't been in that situation yet, and it will be exciting to see how they all respond in crunch time.

Fair enough. And I am not sold on the special teams until they score a kickoff/punt return for a touchdown in the final two minutes to put us ahead or tie.  :blush:

780906[/snapback]

That's an awful analogy. Your ST's aren't expected to do that, while you're QB is expected to march you down the field. Your ST's should be expected, however, to put you in better field position. The percent of time the ST's will score a TD on a kickoff/punt return is much much less than the percent of time your QB will lead you down the field to score a TD or set you up for the game winning FG.

Until JP proves he can do this, Im not sold on him.  Plain and simple.

780901[/snapback]

Whatever dude. In the mean time while you look for that we will enjoy just winning games. Ugly, pretty whatever. I just want to win and give schit how.

but you are not getting what I am trying to say......I don't care whether you are sold on him or not.

JP is the qb.........and he gets the season to show it......regardless of what he does.....

780905[/snapback]

Right, I agree that he has the season to show it. What I want for him is to take his game above just "managing the game" to leading a comeback drive. I think its OK as a fan to set a somewhat lofty, yet realistic for our QB. Go JP.

Hope to god you're not sold on that geek in your avatar.

780927[/snapback]

That geek in his avatar is the qb who Losman is most compared to. Personally I expect a lot more then Plummer esque out of losman because of what we gave up for him, but if he can keep on winning I dont care what his stats are.

Whatever dude. In the mean time while you look for that we will enjoy just winning games. Ugly, pretty whatever. I just want to win and give schit how.

780924[/snapback]

I think he's done a good job thus far. I just want him to take it to the next level now. Don't make me seem like Im not enjoying how he has played in the last 2 games - I have.

I think he's done a good job thus far.  I just want him to take it to the next level now.  Don't make me seem like Im not enjoying how he has played in the last 2 games - I have.

780933[/snapback]

Too late, tornado. The blind homers have already smelled the blood :blush: .

While I'm 100% in agreement with the way Jauron has developed Losman in the first 2 road games, the reality is that you're right as well. At some point the training wheels need to come off if we want to beat teams above the level of Miami incompetence.

Look for that to happen as early as game 4 (Minnesota home game) when the stakes of dropping an NFC game aren't as high, or as late as game 7 (NE home game) when we'll NEED to have a threatening passing game to win.

I think he's done a good job thus far.  I just want him to take it to the next level now.  Don't make me seem like Im not enjoying how he has played in the last 2 games - I have.

780933[/snapback]

Would you grant him a learning curve? He may be capable of doing that to lesser opposition today but you cannot 'know' it until the opportunity presents itself. What you are requesting of him is tantamount to him being a top 10 QB and if he keeps progressing, he may get there. JP seems to get better on an incremental basis, not by leaps and bounds. This suggests that fans might have to exhibit some patience with him, admitedly a difficult task for some.

--tornado

780896[/snapback]

He was a bad clip call away from leading us to the go head FG try(atleast) in the opener.........

Too late, tornado. The blind homers have already smelled the blood  :blush: .

781021[/snapback]

I don't think anyone really disagrees with what he's saying. We all want to see JP lead a big 4th quarter drive for the win. But to say you're not sold on him until he does it??? The guy just got his second win as a starter (in which he threw for 83 yds), and now we say we need to see an 80-yard last minute TD drive to be sold on him? Strange timing, considering he's started 10 games.

I agree, we all want to see it. But I think JP made 5 or 6 decisions on Sunday that kept the Dolphins in the rearview mirror and prevented the need for a last-second comeback. I'm more interested in that stuff rather than the two-minute drive itself.

I'm more interested in that stuff rather than the two-minute drive itself.

781029[/snapback]

OK, but at some point in time you WILL be interested in those two-minute drives. I love our D and ST, but we're NOT the 2000 Ravens and probably never will be. JP will be expected to do more than Trent Dilfer to win games. Fact is that all teams - even the really good ones - find themselves down by the 4th quarter at times. If you're never a threat to come back from this point deficit, then you won't be considered one of the "good teams" for long. And sometime down the line (2-3 seasons from now), the majority of Bills fans WILL be turning against JP if he's consistently unable to lead the offense in a late-game comeback drive.

I think that was Tornado's point. All he said was that he's not sold on JP yet, which IMO was a pretty tame statement because NONE OF US should be sold on him yet. If you already are, then you are either a relative of JP or a blind homer.

Conversely, anyone who thinks JP is already an NFL bust:

A. Doesn't understand football.

B. Is still a closet Bledsoe slurper.

C. Only looks at nfl.com stat tracker and not the games.

D. Has no patience whatsoever.

That geek in his avatar is the qb who Losman is most compared to. Personally I expect a lot more then Plummer esque out of losman because of what we gave up for him, but if he can keep on winning I dont care what his stats are.

780932[/snapback]

Do you know what you're talking about?

Plummer is a mistake prone moron.

JP is compared in physical attributes only, even there the comparison is sketchy.

JP has a stronger arm, quicker release, and has way more speed.

Outside of last seasons effort, I pray JP doesn't turn out to be Jake the Fake. Dude is a bad decision waiting to happen.

Jake has a career rating of 74.6 with 57.2 completion percentage.

Also, he has 150 td's to 152 Int's.

If thats what your aspirations are for JP, then I think you are shooting a little low.

I want my QB to be a little better then that.

P.S.- Jake's third year in the league he completed 52.8 percent of his passes with 9 td's and 24 int's. 24 Int's in 12 games. That's also after 36 starts under his belt.

Could you imagine if JP played that poorly this year? Holcombs Arm and JDG might have a leg to stand on then.

I would place HOLD status on JP's stock right now, not BUY or SELL.

No way. You BUY as much of JP as you can get. He's cheap now, tho not as cheap as 2 weeks ago. IF you bought 2 weeks ago, you could prob lock in a little profit.

You BUY JP and Alex Smith and you SHORT Daunte.