(WAY OT)Strat-O-Matic

The Poojer

anyone still play this? i am looking at their web site and it is pretty poorly set up. what do you need to start playing? what is a good price for it? i want to get it for my son, so i want to start with current years, then i will get all the good oldies. they also have a puter version. anyone have any experience with this version? thanks in advance

Look up APBA Football. I played Strat-O-Matic decades ago..so-so at best.

APBA stuff are board games only, and they are played world-wide. They are very authentic. They are top-notch, Poojer - the absolute best. You and sonny will be well-pleased and become APBA addicts... :)

I suppose you mean the baseball version? It's still a pretty good game, just call the 800 number and tell them you want the game with the 2003 rosters. The 2004 teams come out in January-Feb I believe. I think the standard game is around $40...have never played the computer version.

Did you ever play Sports Illustrated Baseball? The 1971-72 versions were the only good ones...bought a 1971 version on ebay for $125 last year. Well worth it and for being over 30 years old, still the best baseball simulation game ever, IMO.

Good luck with your son...may be hard to turn him on to these types of games. Kids today want the computer animated graphics of outfielders crashing through walls, catchers going 30 rows into the stands for a foul, and 700-foot homers...

anyone still play this?  i am looking at their web site and it is pretty poorly set up.  what do you need to start playing?  what is a good price for it?  i want to get it for my son, so i want to start with current years, then i will get all the good oldies.  they also have a puter version.  anyone have any experience with this version?  thanks in advance

56034[/snapback]

Is that the old one that had checkers like X's and o's players and you took turns moving them?