Thank the secondary

generaLee83

First and foremost great line play today on both sides but...............

The highlight of todays game IMO was the play of the secondary. Culpepper, an 8 year veteran looked as lost as a rookie today out there. It seems to me that the safeties and corners were covering their counterparts very tightly forcing Culpepper to become confused and indecisive.

The seven sacks today were not all the result of single handed great D-line play, the secondary took away Culpeppers receivers and forced him to mull over his options a bit longer than he would have liked. This allowed the very high motor d-line to get penetration and bring him down.

All in all a great game, would have liked to see some more production out of the offense but I think that's coming in the next few weeks.

Special Teams played out of this world.

I'm tempted to say let Mr. Frustration FULLY heal.

Ellison didn't look all that bad out there, eh?

777457[/snapback]

I was nervous about Spikes not being in there but I don't really remember thinking that Ellison just killed us on that play, so I suppose that is a passing review

I sadi it before TC opened & I will say it again. If Simpson looks decent, the bills should of cut TV. The defense is definately better with Simpson out there. Spikes should stick to what he does best, tackling anybody with the football.

Jerry Gray blitzed CONSTANTLY last year, and it always got picked up and beat.

777481[/snapback]

Jerry Gray blitzed for the last 5 years he was here...When was the last time we ever got off the field on 3rd and longs......