A winning streak is possible

CosmicBills

You have to like the upcoming schedule for the Bills with the momentum from today's win...

- Home opener vs. Jests (W) ... though this game will be tougher than I anticipated, not that any AFC East game is easy.

- Home vs. Minny (W)...though they are looking good. I think the home field gives the Bills the edge.

- @ Chicago (L)...might be the second toughest game on the schedule. Riding a three game win streak could help, but I don't think the Bills have enough offense to beat that D on the road.

- @ Detroit (W) ... Get back on track vs. the second worst team in the league.

- Rematch vs. NE ... going into this game 4-2, at home when the Pats have a good shot at being 4-1 themselves (Denver, @ Cincy, Miami then a bye). This game is extra tough with the Pats coming off the bye, but if the Bills can generate momentum, the 12th Man could help pull off the upset.

Either way, it's very possible for the Bills to be going into the bye week 5-2 or 4-3 with a softer schedule on the other side.

It's going to be a fun season....

isn't this the 3000th year in a row that the bills have played the pats after the pats bye week?

777126[/snapback]

Funny how that works, isn't it? Really, when you think about it, we are playing them two times this season off a bye since we opened the year against them.

I don't like our upcoming schedule at all except for the game vs. the Lions. The Jets aren't as bad as many here believe, the Vikes are playing solid football right now and the Bears are ripping teams apart. I liked this schedule much more before the season started as each of these teams is playing better than I foresaw.

I don't like our upcoming schedule at all except for the game vs. the Lions.  The Jets aren't as bad as many here believe, the Vikes are playing solid football right now and the Bears are ripping teams apart.  I liked this schedule much more before the season started as each of these teams is playing better than I foresaw.

777147[/snapback]

It's not a walk. There are NO gimme games on (any) schedule. But, this team got tested early on the road and played well. Coming home to the Ralph for two weeks with this momentum will help.

The Bears are the second toughest game on the schedule, not expecting a win. But the Lions are VERY beatable (moreso than the Jets). The Pats at home? I like the Bills' chances.

- @ Chicago (L)...might be the second toughest game on the schedule. Riding a three game win streak could help, but I don't think the Bills have enough offense to beat that D on the road.

777120[/snapback]

The hell with da Bears defense, have seen their offense play? Rex Grossman seems to be the real deal.

I think the Jets are not going to be a cake walk. They have been playing really well in the 3rd and 4th quarters - not giving up. I hope we can have a good lead going into the 4th! Reason for optimism though, in that they are more of a passing team than a running team - which should play into our defense's hands.

Is there any game any one wants to win more than the NE game at home? It seems that inevitably we have to use them as our measuring stick!

If were going to project, might as well go all the way....

NY Jets @ Buffalo - W

Minnesota @ Buffalo - W

Buffalo @ Chicago - L

Buffalo @ Detroit - W

New England @ Buffalo - L

BYE

Green Bay @ Buffalo - W

Buffalo @ Indianapolis - L

Buffalo @ Houston - W

Jacksonville @ Buffalo - L

San Diego @ Buffalo - L

Buffalo @ NY Jets - W

Miami @ Buffalo - W

Tennesee @ Buffalo - W

If it played out like this, we'd be going into Baltimore with the playoffs likely on the line.

And yes, I'm aware it's way too early.

The Lions are not the 2nd worst team in the league.  That one and the Vikings game I think are tough calls and pivotal games at this point; even though they're nonconference.

777132[/snapback]

The Lions are THE worst team. If we can't get past them, forget it!!

The Lions are THE worst team.  If we can't get past them, forget it!!

777178[/snapback]

I'd say that, thus far, the Raiders and the Titans are worse than Detroit. Detriot's D actually showed something last week. No unit on the Raiders or Titans has shown a thing yet.

We're gonna take it one game at a time...

777128[/snapback]

The point above about it being a different thing for what players should do (on game at a time though being human and particular with rookies playing a key role for us they often do not) and what fans should do.

However, though the projections are even irrationale for a fan, it is Sunday night andreveling in the what ifs is a fine thing for even us psychotic fans on a game night. There is plenty of time for rationality during the week.