These rooks are good

Shame on me.  I forgot to mention Ellison.  He's been holding his own, especially today.

Ellison, Whitner, and Simpson, with McCargo and Williams....I'm overwhelmed by these guys so far.

776435[/snapback]

Which begs the questions:

1 - Were our veterans that over rated?

2 - Was the defense that poorly coached last season?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man the speed and poise of these players is just great.  Donte Whitner is proving he wasnt a stretch and Ko has made me forget TV already.  Couldn't  tell how much McCargo and Williams did no big plays but seemed to do the job of pluggin the lanes.  One other thing is this team is EXTREMELY well coached kudos to the staff we should be 2-0 but 1-1 is a good feeling.

776279[/snapback]

I mean, that old man is clueless draft Whitner and company. 4 rookie starters on defense, plus I saw McCargo playing. Simpson and Whitner were both making plays and Williams was a brillant 5th round pickup.

I also think that conditioning is better this year, and the "fly to the ball" mentality is really what's made a change.

776486[/snapback]

Smaller, lighter players who can run...it looks good in MIA in September. I just hope it looks good in BUF in December (and January!).

Whitner, Simpson, Williams, Ellison....'nuff said.

Youboty - the hammy injury and the family tragedy are (obviously) perfectly valid reasons for being inactive the past 2 games. This is a guy who would have probably been a mid-1st rounder next year if he stayed in college. I bet he'll be starting at nickel by the end of this season.

McCargo - just look how long it's taken for Kelsay and Denney to come around... and he's already doing a respectable job of spelling his starter - Tripplett. Like the other draft picks, McCargo fits our new style of D very well. 5 years from now, we may be speaking of McCargo the pass rusher like we speak of Schobel.

The OL rooks, on the other hand...well it's WAY too early so I won't comment... :unsure:

Smaller, lighter players who can run...it looks good in MIA in September.  I just hope it looks good in BUF in December (and January!).

776494[/snapback]

I think that is, perhaps, one of the biggest stories of this game. Just how well prepared the Bills looked in terms of their preparation. Its 90+ degree weather in hostile environment, and the Bills looked like they were going for a stroll in the park.

Very impressed with the conditioning.

Did they have some kind of zone blitz on that play...I swear I saw Schoebel trying to cover Chambers on the underneath?

776548[/snapback]

Different play. On that play Mcgee released to Witner when Chambers went in and deep, just like the cover 2 is supposed to do. Witner just stop around the 3.