Georgey Clooney speaks to UN

/dev/null

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/15/D8K5B6DO0.html

Could you imagine the smug cloud if Clooney gave a speech at a conference of Mac users?

774468[/snapback]

To be fair, Clooney is trying to do a good thing by working with Elie Weisel to bring attention to the situation in Sudan. People should be paying attention to what is going on over there.

Unfortunately, George Clooney still seems to think that the United Nations and their 7,000 (?) peacekeepers are the answer. Oh dear....

To be fair, Clooney is trying to do a good thing by working with Elie Weisel to bring attention to the situation in Sudan.  People should be paying attention to what is going on over there.

Unfortunately, George Clooney still seems to think that the United Nations and their 7,000 (?) peacekeepers are the answer.  Oh dear....

774523[/snapback]

The ultimate irony was a Save Darfur rally in my town, where the protesters were demanding that US do something to stop the carnage. When the rally was over, everyone got in their cars, bearing "US out of Iraq" stickers.

To be fair, Clooney is trying to do a good thing by working with Elie Weisel to bring attention to the situation in Sudan.  People should be paying attention to what is going on over there.

Unfortunately, George Clooney still seems to think that the United Nations and their 7,000 (?) peacekeepers are the answer.  Oh dear....

774523[/snapback]

Is this the same caring guy who made fun of Heston for having Alzhiemers? Oh that's right, he doesn't agree with Heston so he deserves to die from a horrible disease.

Clooney vs Heston

Is this the same caring guy who made fun of Heston for having Alzhiemers?  Oh that's right, he doesn't agree with Heston so he deserves to die from a horrible disease.

Clooney vs Heston

774676[/snapback]

Clooney is a huge douche bag. His Oscar speech solidified his entry into the Douche Bag Hall of Fame.

I'm just saying he's right in this instance (about Sudan, not about thinking the UN is going to do anything).

The ultimate irony was a Save Darfur rally in my town, where the protesters were demanding that US do something to stop the carnage.  When the rally was over, everyone got in their cars, bearing "US out of Iraq" stickers.

774626[/snapback]

In their defense, I imagine their rally was more about feeling like they were making a difference than actually making one. So they probably achieved what they wanted to.