Shawne Merriman- Chargers

Buffalo Mike1

-Just going over some stats from week one, this guy is a monster. 6'4", 272 linebacker

3 sacks in week one. Only his second year. A 272 pound backer backer that can move and hit like that. Damn jealous.

God we need Spikes on this defense.

The best part about beating Miami is that they start the season 0-2 in front of their home crowd in their home opener. :doh:

Merriman was also playing the worst team in the NFL and getting (I believe all) of his sacks against Gallery (who many believe to be a bust).

773618[/snapback]

Well let's see how he does this week against one of the best lines. You are right-but a linebacker that gets 10 sacks in his rookie year, and gets three in his first game of his second year, might be someone you want on Sunday.

-Just going over some stats from week one, this guy is a monster. 6'4", 272 linebacker

3 sacks in week one. Only his second year. A 272 pound backer backer that can move and hit like that. Damn jealous.

God we need Spikes on this defense.

The best part about beating Miami is that they start the season 0-2 in front of their home crowd in their home opener. :doh:

773605[/snapback]

you're right on the money with this guy! he is easily the best defensive player in the league and Michael Strahan's (sp?) single season sack record is in big trouble.

amazing!  Merriman and Shawn Taylor are my two favorite players to watch.  Monsters!

773627[/snapback]

Both are great players, to be sure.

The one thing I hope is that Taylor finally "gets it", and realizes that he has more talent than either Ronnie Lott or Rod Woodson, and they're two of the best safeties to ever play. If he combines that w/ a phenomenal work ethic, positive attitude, and stays out of trouble, he could finish his career as the best safety of all time. It's all up to him how his legacy will read. So far, though, he's shown that while talented, he still has way too much of the punk a** mentality you'd expect from someone from "The U".

Not to take anything away from Merriman, but a Pop Warner team would have been better at stopping him last week than the Raiders. He treated Gallery like his personal B word while the Raiders kept putting Brooks in 7-step drops despite the fact that he was getting sacked on every freaking series.

Merriman is can be a great player, but right now the Raiders flat out suck.

Well let's see how he does this week against one of the best lines. You are right-but a linebacker that gets 10 sacks in his rookie year, and gets three in his first game of his second year, might be someone you want on Sunday.

773624[/snapback]

They are actually playing another bad team this week. But again i doubt he will get even 2 ...