No Media guide, but a CD?

Just Jack

After looking at it for awhile, all it is, is the normal guide in PDF format. I'd rather have it in book form myself.

769797[/snapback]

Much cheaper to manufacture, I'm sure.

Glad I already bought the hard copy; using it right now, in fact.

Much cheaper to manufacture, I'm sure.

Glad I already bought the hard copy; using it right now, in fact.

770120[/snapback]

I may call and ask for a hard copy. I don't like the thought of having to boot up my computer just to look something up.

I may call and ask for a hard copy. I don't like the thought of having to boot up my computer just to look something up.

770142[/snapback]

Not to mention that the disk didn't come with a sleeve or case, just loose in the mailer. So it's bound to get chewed up over time unless we provide our own cases. As a matter of fact, as I look at it now, there is a nice big chunk in mine.

Just seems a bit cheap by the organization. I, too, would have preferred the paper version.

Andy

770142[/snapback]

The operations manual for my new cellphone was on the CD. It was about 150 pages. How the !@#$ am I supposed to figure out how to program my goddam phone while I'm sitting on the john without printing the 150 !@#$ing pages? It's cheap, yes, but it's !@#$ing lazy as all sh--. Jesus, people, you're making enough money. Print the !@#$ing manual.

Rant over.

I wonder if I'll get mine this year...I got neither last year <_<

770211[/snapback]

That happened to me a couple of years ago. I didn't say anything that fall, since I'd already bought a copy, but made sure to tuck a note in with the following season's first ticket invoice. Someone passed said note along to Marc Honan (then Director of Marketing), and I ended up with a check reimbursing me for the guide I purchased AND a nice 'make-good' gift.

So if you don't get your swag in the near future, I'd suggest a call to Guest Services. (Or even stopping by one of their booths inside the stadium when you come up for the opener.)

And I hear ya, BART. At least cut us a break on the Kids Day game. Yeah, it's a nice idea and all, but not so nice to know my full-price ticket helps subsidize all the cheap seats they sell that night.... :angry:

Not to mention that the disk didn't come with a sleeve or case, just loose in the mailer. So it's bound to get chewed up over time unless we provide our own cases. As a matter of fact, as I look at it now, there is a nice big chunk in mine.

Just seems a bit cheap by the organization. I, too, would have preferred the paper version.

770163[/snapback]

I wrote an email to the organization about my gouged CD. I received a reply today that they are sending me a paper copy. Classy.

Andy

I wrote an email to the organization about my gouged CD. I received a reply today that they are sending me a paper copy. Classy.

Andy

771193[/snapback]

Can you post the email address that you sent it to? I'd like to contact them as well for my lack (so far) of this year's and last year's media guide and pin.

I'd gladly give up this window dressing fan crap if they'd stop charging us for those worthless pre season games......

770203[/snapback]

They ought to raise the cost by 20% and not mandiate everyone buy preseason tickets - Bills get the same amount of money, prices go up per game so people who want to sell some of them can ask for more and Bills can try to sell preseason tickets to make more money.

I just got a package from the Bills and it had my two pins inside and a CD, but no media guide. The CD says media guide and stadium info on it. Does that mean we aren't getting those nice media guides that they usually send season ticket holders or am I just missing it? The package was damaged, so I'm not sure.

I just got a package from the Bills and it had my two pins inside and a CD, but no media guide.  The CD says media guide and stadium info on it.  Does that mean we aren't getting those nice media guides that they usually send season ticket holders or am I just missing it?  The package was damaged, so I'm not sure.

773157[/snapback]

My package was also damaged. The CD says "media guide" and "stadium info" on it's label. I probably won't look at it though as the packaging alone was kind of angering. The Pins are nice though.

This is my first year as a season ticket holder, what were the old media guides like?

Thanks for this thread. I was pissed when I got this junk. The CD was scratched and doesn't even work right in my computer. What a cheap POS. For the money we pay for season tickets, the Media Guide was always a nice extra thing to have. I'm going to email them.

My package was also damaged.  The CD says "media guide" and "stadium info" on it's label.  I probably won't look at it though as the packaging alone was kind of angering.  The Pins are nice though.

This is my first year as a season ticket holder, what were the old media guides like?

773232[/snapback]

ebay: 2006 media guides

(Of course, the listings claiming "rare" or "only given to the media" are flat-out lies; all you need is $10 and a ride to the Stadium Store...)

Still haven't gotten my CD version, either. Fug 'em, I'll just burn one myself.