Roger Waters at MSG / Who Opening Night in Philly

Rico

That is too cool that you saw the Wall at Nassau! Now that had to be the show of shows! I would've also LOVED to have seen them in the 70's.

773816[/snapback]

The Wall was very impressive, probably #2 on my list, but my personal fave is still the Animals tour. It wins mostly by volume of material covered and length of show. Though Waters had a nasty disposition during most of the Animals tour, the shows were incredible. They performed Animals for the first set, followed by Wish Your Were Here for set #2 and the encore of 2 DSotM songs was the topper. All of the videos, props, pyrotechnics, and 360 degree sound system left an indelible mark. One of the few shows were I was not toasted so I remember most of it. Wiki is a good compilation of general Floyd stuff:

Wiki Floyd

Wiki - info on Floyd live performances

I caught the Tweeter Center show at Camden Sat night. The show and the band were outstanding. I second your commendation of the Syd tribute. I also enjoyed the way they played "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun". It was good to see Waters finally enjoying himself and watching him jam. He is an amazing talent.

Saw a picture of a cheap-looking inflatable pig from one of the stage shows that had "Don't be led to the slaughter! Vote Democrat '06" spray-painted on the side of it.

Boy the production value of these Pink Floyd shows has really gone downhill. What happened to all the lasers and crap?

The Wall was very impressive, probably #2 on my list, but my personal fave is still the Animals tour. It wins mostly by volume of material covered and length of show. Though Waters had a nasty disposition during most of the Animals tour, the shows were incredible. They performed Animals for the first set, followed by Wish Your Were Here for set #2 and the encore of 2 DSotM songs was the topper. All of the videos, props, pyrotechnics, and 360 degree sound system left an indelible mark. One of the few shows were I was not toasted so I remember most of it.

778010[/snapback]

Yeah, I've got a lot of those 77 shows, sounds like it was a blast to be at. I wish there were some boot DVDs though of that tour, don't know of any in circulation.

I caught the Tweeter Center show at Camden Sat night. The show and the band were outstanding. I second your commendation of the Syd tribute. I also enjoyed the way they played "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun". It was good to see Waters finally enjoying himself and watching him jam. He is an amazing talent.

778010[/snapback]

Good times! :doh:

Saw a picture of a cheap-looking inflatable pig from one of the stage shows that had "Don't be led to the slaughter! Vote Democrat '06" spray-painted on the side of it.

Boy the production value of these Pink Floyd shows has really gone downhill. What happened to all the lasers and crap?

778078[/snapback]

OK, the pig is not as large as previous shows. But, this one is released at the outdoor venues - at least it was at the Tweeter Center and it was not an accident. I wonder what ATC announces to pilots in the nearby area "ahh, flight xx, you may notice a low-flying 20 ft pig"