How I see the Season Playing out

DeeRay

I see no reason, based on their 0-3 start, that the Bills will beat the Jets in the Meadowlands Sunday.... and I'm not even sure the Bills will beat the Dolphins the following week...I guess that game will hinge on which team's QB gives the other team the "W"... since our "D" can't muster a pass rush and the Fins D can, advantage Miami.

So if we chalk up a "W" against Arizona and another "L" aginst the Jets at home, that puts the Bills at 1-6, possibly 2-5 going into New England on Nov. 14... and I guarantee another "L" there. So at that point I've got the Bills at 1-7 or 2-6.

With home games remaining against the Rams, Browns and Steelers, how do the Bills put people in the stands that late in the season with virtually minimal or no playoff implications? Certainly Browns and Steelers fans will to travel to the Ralph.

So, Teflon Tom will pull off another marketing coup. He will go talk to Mularkey after the New England loss and lift the "no bench" ban on Bledsoe and give Mularkey the greenlight to play JP Lossman. I guarantee, that will be the marketing tool the Bills need to get the fans intersted again and fill the seat....

However, this maneuver is going to backfire on Teflon Tom. JP will actually move the offense and score points and win games.... something Teflon Tom wants to keep to a minimum. And no longer will the fans be whining about the offensive line, receivers, or rbs. Instead, it will reveal what a huge mistake Teflon Tom made in aquiring Bledsoe... and how every offensive breakdown and inability to move the football directly points back to Bledsoe. How he wasted a few more million $$$ of Ralph's money on re-signing Bledsoe, and what might have been if the coaching staff were allowed to play Matthews from the beginning of the season til after the next New England game when JP is fully prepared to takeover the reigns.

I suspect you are right. TD will be gone if the season plays out as you have described. Mularkey may be gone as well. I suspect it would be just as good to let McGahee and Losman play and perhaps sit Moulds to see what we have with the younger receivers. I can't imagine we will keep many of the players who can get out, and would hope we could get some good draft choices to start rebuilding and pick up some better players in free agency.

ALTERNATIVELY, we could RUN the ball, cut down on the dumb penalties, play to Bledsoe's few remaining strengths, and compensate for a line that simply cannot pass block, and finish the season 8-8. We lose a number of players to free agency, cut Bledsoe, trade Moulds and Henry for what we can get for them and rebuild.

The one thing I find interesting in these speculations is how other teams are written off as bad teams, like Miami or Arizona.  We haven't won a game, yet we think these games are "in the bag"?

55681[/snapback]

I no longer have even the smallest shred of hope or confidence pre-game about the Bills beating anybody. They'd find a way to lose to the Alden Bulldogs.

The Arizona Cardinals are showing signs of life......look at the drubbing they handed the Saints yesterday.  Denny's turning that crew around.

55688[/snapback]

I agree. No game is "in the bag" with the current Buffalo Bills team.

The one thing I find interesting in these speculations is how other teams are written off as bad teams, like Miami or Arizona.  We haven't won a game, yet we think these games are "in the bag"?

55681[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent R.Rich, the sad thing is WE are one of those "automatic W" teams when other teams look at THEIR schedules, as hard as it is to admit, its the truth

The Arizona Cardinals are showing signs of life......look at the drubbing they handed the Saints yesterday.  Denny's turning that crew around.

55688[/snapback]

And yet I remember some comments made about how bad it would be to have Dennis Green as a HC...say what you want about him...DENNIS GREEN WINS GAMES, period.

I suspect you are right.  TD will be gone if the season plays out as you have described.  Mularkey may be gone as well.  I suspect it would be just as good to let McGahee and Losman play and perhaps sit Moulds to see what we have with the younger receivers. I can't imagine we will keep many of the players who can get out, and would hope we could get some good draft choices to start rebuilding and pick up some better players in free agency.

ALTERNATIVELY, we could RUN the ball, cut down on the dumb penalties, play to Bledsoe's few remaining strengths, and compensate for a line that simply cannot pass block, and finish the season 8-8. We lose a number of players to free agency, cut Bledsoe, trade Moulds and Henry for what we can get for them and rebuild.

55629[/snapback]

Every player must earn the right to play....I think TH has earned that right

with his performance.....Unless TH sucks the next 4 weeks I don't see how

WM is going to start and play ahead of him....

The Cards WILL NOT win in the Ralph. That being said I can't see us winning more than four games as it stands. I don't agree with some who have said trade Eric M., because lets face it our TD doesn't understand value. Bring back Polian.

And yet I remember some comments made about how bad it would be to have Dennis Green as a HC...say what you want about him...DENNIS GREEN WINS GAMES, period.

55706[/snapback]

If he were the head coach here, all it would mean is that all the complaining wouldn't begin until the postseason, like it did during his time in Minnesota.

55681[/snapback]

Yep. Emmitt Smith had a good game on Sunday. BTW, a DB you favored in the draft, Madieu Williams plucked in the 3rd by Cincy continues to look good. Because of injuries, he has started at CB, FS, and SS, and had 10 tackles yesterday. He's always around the ball. I'm impressed.