One thing that is very annoying

GoBillsDB

I know the "the media gives us no respect" posts are getting old but something really bugged me about the brodcast today.

Takeo Spikes come back from what is probably the most devastating injury in sports, he causes a defensive td on the first firkin play... and they hardly even mention it!! Did they even mention that he was hurt last year? Then later on, he's injured and they make no mention of it until how many plays later? I don't even know which play he was hurt on.

On the other hand, Rodney Harrison, one of the dirtiest players in the NFL comes back from an ACL and the announcers talk about it frequently. Did he even make a play today?

I just can't help but think that the game would have been different had TKO been in there until the end and he gets treated as if he were not a key player for the defense.

Can you guys imagine if Brewski was playing?  OMG!  Bad enough watching Seau celebrate like he won the fuggin lottery after diving on a pile.

769046[/snapback]

<_< So very true. Watching with several Pats fans, they couldn't understand why I was getting so upset about Simms. They swore he was being nuetral and unbiased.

It's always easier to say that when it's your team's balls getting washed...

How about the 2 blatant holding calls taht were blatantly obvious on TV. One of them was on schobel. Brian Moorman getting drilled on a punt with no call...Frustrating <_<:D

Also... when spikes made taht play, the whole game it was mentioned how New england had messed up, not how buffalo had capitalized. Frick the pats. I cant wait to see them at home.

It wa snice to hear the pats get booed out of their own stadium at the end of the 1st half.

Clearly the announcers operate with the idea that good storytelling on their part is the job and they prepare several story plots to chose from which they study in depth and are ready with pithy stories which indicate they are respected insiders and stats to pretend they know it all.

Since it is hard to know everything and actually few of these ex players are diligent or snart enough to absorb more than a few story lines, when something they have passed on studying up because they feel its unlikely to occur happens, they can pretend it did not even occur.

I think the Bills are considered such a long shot by the conventional wisdom and folk like Phil Simms judged it unlikely that TKO would even play adequately much less get a fumble out of their chosen story Brady, they simply ignored this pretty obvious great story that would have made their work more compelling even to the non-Bills fan.

On the other hand, Rodney Harrison, one of the dirtiest players in the NFL comes back from an ACL and the announcers talk about it frequently.  Did he even make a play today? 

768832[/snapback]

Yeah, I think he had at least one, maybe two, spearing tackles that magically went uncalled.

Yeah, I think he had at least one, maybe two, spearing tackles that magically went uncalled.

769188[/snapback]

I saw that too. I would never, ever wish paralysis on anyone, but if it did happen to him, I would net feel bad at all.

He is the dirtiest player out there and constantly leads with his head.

;)  So very true. Watching with several Pats fans, they couldn't understand why I was getting so upset about Simms. They swore he was being nuetral and unbiased.

769048[/snapback]

In defense of Simms, maybe he felt a team that had won three of the last five Super Bowls deserved more attention and respect than a team with no playoff appearances over that same timespan. At least he was a gentleman about it, which is more than what Joe Theismann would have been. Hopefully the Bills' and Pats' roles will be reversed over the next five years, and we'll get to see if Simms pays more attention to the Bills than the Pats.

In defense of Simms, maybe he felt a team that had won three of the last five Super Bowls deserved more attention and respect than a team with no playoff appearances over that same timespan.  At least he was a gentleman about it, which is more than what Joe Theismann would have been.  Hopefully the Bills' and Pats' roles will be reversed over the next five years, and we'll get to see if Simms pays more attention to the Bills than the Pats.

769458[/snapback]

The Patriots won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls

The Dolphins went undefeated in the 70s

The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls in the 90s

Joe Namath guaranteed a Super Bowl win in the 60s

What does that have to do with yesterday? That's right, nothing

One of the greatest bands of all time said it best...Yesterday don't mean sh--

I know the "the media gives us no respect" posts are getting old but something really bugged me about the brodcast today. 

Takeo Spikes come back from what is probably the most devastating injury in sports, he causes a defensive td on the first firkin play... and they hardly even mention it!! Did they even mention that he was hurt last year?  Then later on, he's injured and they make no mention of it until how many plays later?  I don't even know which play he was hurt on. 

768832[/snapback]

They couldn't talk about TKO, they had to slobber all over Teddy Bruschi still. What a joke! ;)

What does that have to do with yesterday?  That's right, nothing

Say you were watching the Houston Texans play the Denver Broncos. Or maybe you tune into a game between the 49ers and the Seahawks. Would you want to hear about both teams equally, or would you be more interested in the stronger team?

Say you were watching the Houston Texans play the Denver Broncos.  Or maybe you tune into a game between the 49ers and the Seahawks.  Would you want to hear about both teams equally, or would you be more interested in the stronger team?

769488[/snapback]

i usually tune out the announcers because they tend to be assclowns

Say you were watching the Houston Texans play the Denver Broncos.  Or maybe you tune into a game between the 49ers and the Seahawks.  Would you want to hear about both teams equally, or would you be more interested in the stronger team?

769488[/snapback]

The league is controlled by the networks. Advertising and promotion $ have become more inportant than the game itself. This trend has become bigger and bigger each year to the point to make one vomit. The game no longer has substance, therefore should we believe the announcers will as well. Because of all this, it is absurd to think the games will be played on a fair level. The referees are obviously told who to favor for the "goodness" of the advertising $. The slow pace of the games due to interruptions, the obvious and blatant miscalls, and the announcers idiotic allegiance to the big market stories, have made the game pure commercial nonsense not worth my time any longer. I simply have lost any enjoyment and will stop watching it and concentrate on Baseball. I will find out any football news on this website. Of course, if all Bills fans stop watching like me, the NFL will get what they want...the end of the Buffalo Bills.

The league is controlled by the networks. Advertising and promotion $ have become more inportant than the game itself. This trend has become bigger and bigger each year to the point to make one vomit. The game no longer has substance, therefore should we believe the announcers will as well. Because of all this, it is absurd to think the games will be played on a fair level. The referees are obviously told who to favor for the "goodness" of the advertising $. The slow pace of the games due to interruptions, the obvious and blatant miscalls, and the announcers idiotic allegiance to the big market stories, have made the game pure commercial nonsense not worth my time any longer. I simply have lost any enjoyment and will stop watching it and concentrate on Baseball. I will find out any football news on this website. Of course, if all Bills fans stop watching like me, the NFL will get what they want...the end of the Buffalo Bills.

Wow! You've crammed a lot of meaning into a relatively short post.

Where we agree

The league is too commercialized

The quality of announcing has declined

The officiating seems biased

The league is indifferent or hostile to the notion of keeping the Bills in Buffalo

Where we disagree

You say it's time to stop watching the Bills. I suggest watching them with TiVo instead.

Where your post makes me want to vomit

You say it's time to start watching baseball. I suggest watching paint dry instead.

I saw that too. I would never, ever wish paralysis on anyone, but if it did happen to him, I would net feel bad at all.

He is the dirtiest player out there and constantly leads with his head.

769230[/snapback]

I saw those too. Right before the first one I saw Jason Peters roughing up a Pat at the end of a play, so I rewound the TiVo. What I saw was Peters circle late to the left, just in time to see Harrison throwing a big punch the side of McGahee's helmet. I was proud to see him dive over there and shove Harrison into the ground right at/after the whistle, sticking up for his running back.

Wow!  You've crammed a lot of meaning into a relatively short post.

Where we agree

The league is too commercialized

The quality of announcing has declined

The officiating seems biased

The league is indifferent or hostile to the notion of keeping the Bills in Buffalo

Where we disagree

You say it's time to stop watching the Bills.  I suggest watching them with TiVo instead.

Where your post makes me want to vomit

You say it's time to start watching baseball.  I suggest watching paint dry instead.

769627[/snapback]

I'm a Mets fan. Jose Reyes is anything but dried paint. ;)