(OT) A question to lighten the mood on

you fart? I started drinking protien powder drinks as a part of my new workout regime and the physical change (weight loss and strength gains) has been awesome. However, my wife is about to make me sleep outside. Damn that stuff gives you gas....  :lol:  :)

55388[/snapback]

Doesn't it contain a lot of dietary fiber? Just a guess. Or maybe it's the beer you're mixing with it.

you fart? I started drinking protien powder drinks as a part of my new workout regime and the physical change (weight loss and strength gains) has been awesome. However, my wife is about to make me sleep outside. Damn that stuff gives you gas....  :lol:  :)

55388[/snapback]

Are you mixing it with Milk? A lot of times the protein / lactose combination can create "The Perfect Storm".

Are you mixing it with Milk? A lot of times the protein / lactose combination can create "The Perfect Storm".

55429[/snapback]

Nope. I just mix it with a handful of strawberries and water. Now I'm killing the guy I share an office with. :) Why is it always funny to someone else who farts when they do it but not when someone else does it? Mac is such a hypocrite... :lol:

Nope. I just mix it with a handful of strawberries and water. Now I'm killing the guy I share an office with.  :)  Why is it always funny to someone else who farts when they do it but not when someone else does it? Mac is such a hypocrite... :lol:

55434[/snapback]

Well, screw it then. Go for the gusto. Mix it with a couple raw eggs, chase it with orange juice and go out smokin'.

Nope. I just mix it with a handful of strawberries and water. Now I'm killing the guy I share an office with.  :(  Why is it always funny to someone else who farts when they do it but not when someone else does it? Mac is such a hypocrite... :lol:

55434[/snapback]

:):angry::doh:

Undigested proteins produce gas and cause farting. Proteins and fats are harder for your body to break down then carbs and proteins are all different. Take casein- the milk protein. That breaks down much easier then a bean protein. Bean proteins are some of the toughest to break down completely which is why beans make you fart. That is also how beano works. Beano is an enzyme to help break down proteins.

Gas from beans is due to the bacteria (E. coli) in your intestines fermenting the complex carbohydrates in the beans that your system couldn't break down. With proteins, it may be due to the bugs also.