All in all

Thailog80

Right on, Kelly. In reality, the moment we didn't get the fourth and 1, you kinda knew what was happening, but the pick by Simpson showed something different, and if this is how we play our first game, I look forward to seeing how we improve during the year.

I've said it all along: I don't expect miracles. I just expect us to get better as the year progresses. Not a bad start.

A game most thought would be a loss. Would the QB be the same? Would the lines begin to jell in a new system on both sides of the ball?

The game has slowed down for JP definitely. He used many receivers and was on target.

The lines looked good at times and not so good at other times.

This team is definitely on an upswing. We will beat Miami in Miami.

767779[/snapback]

I wish I felt the same way. I just don't see much improvement. The second half was a joke! Bill's fans deserve better than this garbage!

I don't see much difference from last year. They can't block (legally anyways), they can't tackle. The first sign of adversity they fold like a book!

Same players + different coaches= same as last year 5-11. :rolleyes:

767682[/snapback]

We both must be the only stupid ones on the board...I feel the same way.

JP Losman=Trent Dilfer

It seems we have been starting from scratch the last 6 years.

767710[/snapback]

Yep, and we have...and it sucks. Nobody is saying otherwise. But like I said, sooner or later we'll get it right....and today was more of a positive in that direction than a negative, IMO.

Yep, and we have...and it sucks. Nobody is saying otherwise. But like I said, sooner or later we'll get it right....and today was more of a positive in that direction than a negative, IMO.

767874[/snapback]

I agree that some year we will get it right. The question is will my great grandkids appreciate it? :doh:

NOBODY expected the Bills to win this game. The fact that we lead most of the way, and were in it to the end was for me, a big positive. If we keep making incremental improvements as the year goes on, we will be a pretty damn good team by year's end. And that will certainly be a BIG improvement compared to where we left off at end of last year. It's looking like this will be a fun year - enjoy the ride!!!

Time to think 2007. Losman could have been worse, and the coching could have been worse, so next year could be OK with a good draft. Looked like the lines were even worse than last year, if that's possible, so it is time to look for lineman coming out of college. Still believe we've got 2 or 3 wins in us this year...which will line us up nicely. The Jets winning was huge, as they are competition for that top pick.

Looked like the lines were even worse than last year, if that's possible, so it is time to look for lineman coming out of college.

767969[/snapback]

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a candidate for chromosomally challenged individual of the year....The OL was actually a BRIGHT SPOT all day.

Time to think 2007.  Losman could have been worse, and the coching could have been worse, so next year could be OK with a good draft.  Looked like the lines were even worse than last year, if that's possible, so it is time to look for lineman coming out of college. Still believe we've got 2 or 3 wins in us this year...which will line us up nicely.  The Jets winning was huge, as they are competition for that top pick.

767969[/snapback]

I agree totally. If we can come out of this season with JP CLEARLY establishing himself as a stud QB in this league, it may actually be better that we DON'T win these games....f we have a solid QB going into next year, then a higher draft position could really help us get over the hump.