Why not more Anthony Thomas?

SilverNRed

WM tiptoed the whole 2nd half so I wanted to see more of the A Train

767696[/snapback]

Take a look at where first contact was. For most of the game and nearly all of the second half, he had someon in his face behind the line of scrimmage.

Compare that with the holes that the Pats line was giving their rbs.

Take a look at where first contact was.  For most of the game and nearly all of the second half, he had someon in his face behind the line of scrimmage.

Compare that with the holes that the Pats line was giving their rbs.

767718[/snapback]

At some point he has to realize that he needs to put his head down and drive foward for 1-3 yards. His little dance act gets a little old.

At some point he has to realize that he needs to put his head down and drive foward for 1-3 yards.  His little dance act gets a little old.

767737[/snapback]

He did that all game. He was putting his head down and getting 3 or 4 yards. Later in the game players were breaking through the line and slowing him down in the backfield.

Our OL as a whole got worn down by NE's DL, and it showed later in the game.

At some point he has to realize that he needs to put his head down and drive foward for 1-3 yards.  His little dance act gets a little old.

767737[/snapback]

He needs to just be able to settle for 1 or 2 yards when there's nothing there. That's a big swing compared to losing 1 or 2 yards.

It'll be interesting to see if A Thomas is used more next week. It did seem to me McGahee did a bit too much dancing in the backfield, vice the straight ahead running he did last year. He did seem faster this year than last. In the end, I would say McGahee is still the unquestioned money back.

767737[/snapback]

My point exactly; a lot of those 2 yard lose could have been to a minimal a no gain if he didn't tiptoe to the line so much looking for the big play and just hit the line with effort he could have had more success as most NFL backs don't have gaping holes. Personally I think he runs better in the single back as on plays that he has to follow the FB into the hole, plays in which you have to punch it up in there he dances too much. On stretch plays, his cutback ability would be more utilized.