Trent Green carted off the field

stuckincincy

3rd qtr, Green scrambling. He went right for 1st down, slid, DE Geathers blocked from behind by KC player into Greene. No flag because of that, according to announcers.

Green is knocked out - his head bounced off the turf...

When they took him off the field, there was no sign of motion.

767267[/snapback]

Jesus, he got crushed.

I've got $5 that says Geathers gets fined for that. That was vicious, and not entirely clean, either...

Jesus, he got crushed. 

I've got $5 that says Geathers gets fined for that.  That was vicious, and not entirely clean, either...

767381[/snapback]

Didn't they penalize him? I thought you could not do blows to the head, or lead with the head and hit a qb on the slide? Seems like all three happened. Cincy is a pretty scummy and (literally) criminal outfit lately.

Didn't they penalize him? I thought you could not do blows to the head, or lead with the head and hit a qb on the slide?  Seems like all three happened.  Cincy is a pretty scummy and (literally) criminal outfit lately.

767701[/snapback]

Geathers was pushed by an opposing player, according to the game announcers. The replay that I saw didn't show that. But it seems if you are pushed into a qb, it doesn't draw a penalty.

Update on Green: He can move all his parts, but doesn't remember what happened. A concussion, I assume.

Geathers was pushed by an opposing player, according to the game announcers. The replay that I saw didn't show that. But it seems if you are pushed into a qb, it doesn't draw a penalty.

767821[/snapback]

Yeah, what he said.

Although from what I saw, I can't fathom how Green got tattooed SO hard by a guy that was "pushed" into him. And even if there's no penalty...the league can still levy a fine.

Yeah, what he said. 

Although from what I saw, I can't fathom how Green got tattooed SO hard by a guy that was "pushed" into him.  And even if there's no penalty...the league can still levy a fine.

767865[/snapback]

It wouldn't surprise me if they did - it certainly was a dead-on hit and I agree, it looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

Maybe there will be a better camera shot to be aired later. I don't know, but there seems to be some sort of unwritten rule about running a bunch of replays when there is an injury like this. It looked all the world like he was dead.

Update on Green: He can move all his parts, but doesn't remember what happened. A concussion, I assume.

767821[/snapback]

Amazing. the guy gets "pushed" into trent green, yet still has time to lower his head and drive his shoulder into green's skull when green has slid. Cheap ass hit, and i hope the !@#$er is fined for it.

3rd qtr, Green scrambling. He went right for 1st down, slid, DE Geathers blocked from behind by KC player into Greene. No flag because of that, according to announcers.

Green is knocked out - his head bounced off the turf...

When they took him off the field, there was no sign of motion.

767267[/snapback]

It looked like a cheap shot to me. I hope Trent is OK and Geathers(sp) is fined heavy and suspended.

I agree. If Spikes hit Brady so hard he broke his neck and killed him....I would be first in line pissing on Brady's grave.

The only thing that would suck if Brady did die...he has no kids who would be devestated when he died.  If Brady had kids and he died on the field...that would be hilarious

768030[/snapback]

You do know this is just a game?

I agree. If Spikes hit Brady so hard he broke his neck and killed him....I would be first in line pissing on Brady's grave.

The only thing that would suck if Brady did die...he has no kids who would be devestated when he died.  If Brady had kids and he died on the field...that would be hilarious

768030[/snapback]

Kid seriously go to newgrounds.com and take out your aggression on some of those games

You don't honostly believe that do you?  I know everyone thinks Belichek is the anti-Christ, but seriously, tell me your joking.

768056[/snapback]

That is no joke...he is probably one of the dirtest coaches in the league. I believe that he has his players looking to injury people on EVERY play. He is the scum of the earth!

The local tv station showed the replay of the action on the 6 PM news, with wider views and differing angles.

Green was running towards the right sideline. DE Geathers was upfield, and turned back to close on Green.

Before Green began to slide, the Chief's #87 - wr Eddie Kinneson - put his forearm square on Geather's back and shoved him forward and downward. Before any part of Green's body was down, and also before the DE was down, his right pad hit Green in the chest as the qb was commencing his slide.

Then Green went backward, and his head bounced when it hit the turf. It wasn't helmet to helmet that caused the concussion.

Green made the first down, but Kennison was not penalized for blocking Geathers from the back.

The local tv station showed the replay of the action on the 6 PM news, with wider views and differing angles.

Green was running towards the right sideline. DE Geathers was upfield, and turned back to close on Green.

Before Green began to slide, the Chief's #87 - wr Eddie Kinneson -  put his forearm square on Geather's back and shoved him forward and downward.  Before any part of Green's body was down, and also before the DE was down, his right pad hit Green in the chest as the qb was commencing his slide.

Then Green went backward, and his head bounced when it hit the turf. It wasn't helmet to helmet that caused the concussion.

Green made the first down, but Kennison was not penalized for blocking Geathers from the back.

768318[/snapback]

Pretty much how I saw it too. And yes, there should have been a hankey for a block in the back.