If Dillon Goes Down

I think all Bills' fans will do themselves a favor by removing the word "blowout" from their vocabularies this weekend. The only potential blowout goes the wrong way. A reasonable goal is for the Bills to play a solid, smart road game and be in it at the end.

I think he's kidding. He's got to be kidding.

You have got to be kidding me!

766035[/snapback]

OK, figure it this way, it would be a bad thing for any fan to hope for a permanent injury, but I do hope TKO hits Brady so hard he knocks him into next week (where he can best the crap out of NYJ) and we face whomever the Pats have as a reserve.

They caught lightening in a bottle when DB got his lung collapsed by a Jet (Boy Genius Belicheck must be thanking his lucky stars because if he had to build a case for moving Bledsoe out and Brady in voluntarily the Pats would have almost certainly missed the playoffs in 01 and BB might have posted the same record with the Pats he posted HCing Cleveland).

At any rate if TKO or anyone somehow stumbles into a surprisingly effective hit on Brady which knocks him out of the game (it is a no more outrageous concept that the surprise of Bledsoe getting a collapsed lung) then one is probably prudent to talk blowout.

The big reason I hope we see Maroney is that I would love to see a rookie trying to pick-up the blitz as it often does not happen against complicated NFL disguises of rushes even against talented blocking rookies. I agree that Maroney looks like a good rusher, but no one should fault Ferrel/Jauron for salivating if BB should happen to ask Maroney to pick up the blitz against pros on some third down Sunday.

If this happens expect that it will definitely be a run by Maroney because one would be foolish to ask a rookie to protect the franchise by not getting fooled in his first game by a blitz scheme.

No, let's worry more about playing quality football and not making costly mistakes, and less about taking out players, and how it would be if the Patriots team bus didn't make it to the stadium (just kidding, no team buses at home). I would much rather TKO force a key fumble or help shut down the middle of the field than knock someone out of the game.

It is quality football, not just stars that is winning football, or did you guys not see Frank Reich against the Oilers? I guess Houston just figured if they could knock Kelly and Thurman out of the game, it would be smooth sailing?

I will not be disappointed if any Patriot has a minor hamstring pull or ankle sprain that causes them to get some ice instead of making plays, but I don't wish anybody bad or think that the key to our victory lies in the misfortune of others.

I look forward to when we can have a good enough team and enough confidence to approach every game knowing if we play good football we should expect to win. I don't think New England is worried about the dropoff from Willis to A-Train and keeping their fingers crossed for an injury...

For real.

I think all Bills' fans will do themselves a favor by removing the word "blowout" from their vocabularies this weekend.  The only potential blowout goes the wrong way.  A reasonable goal is for the Bills to play a solid, smart road game and be in it at the end.

765977[/snapback]

If we can't run the ball nor pass block very well, then we lose easily.

766292[/snapback]

Given that the OL talent of players like Reyes and Fowler likely exceeds that of Anderson and Teague chemistry is the main question regarding the OL IMHO until the season goes along and nicks and injuries likely occur I am mpre hopeful than worried about this.

Given JP and Peters are in their next season improvement regarding these two is also not unreasonable to hope for or even expect.

Given that the run game will be a little more diverse in playcalling this year with a ST. L type O attack and greater use of WM in the check down and even probably at a better weight for him I like how this should improve the run game.

Given that McGinest is gone and Bruschi recovering I think there LB situation is uncertain. Seau should be at his peak until he goes down and given he played 8 and 7 games the last two season and is in his late 30s nut made the starting LBs this is probably the clearest sign of trouble.

I think the running game should work better than in the past. Given that last year we should have best them in NE with old worse players I think the run game and blocking should be fine.

We'll see.