Iowa/Syracuse

runner

Haven't heard anything about this game on here....

I'm an Iowa grad/WNY native, so I was excited when this game got put on the Hawkeye's schedule. Does Syracuse have anything to give the Hawks a game?

The Hawkeye tandem of Drew Tate and Albert Young are fun to watch, and it's always a pleasure watching Ferentz and his coaching staff reload with young talent. There are some young guys just waiting for their chance to play.

What's the word in Syracuse about this game?

What's the word in Syracuse about this game?

764941[/snapback]

They suck. Iowa has nothing to worry about.

Greg Robinson (HC of the 'Cuse) is morphing into Gregg Williams/Mike Mularkey/Alfred E. Neumann right before our eyes. "I've seen the tape and I think we're playing good. Stay the Course." :doh:

They suck. Iowa has nothing to worry about.

Greg Robinson (HC of the 'Cuse) is morphing into Gregg Williams/Mike Mularkey/Alfred E. Neumann right before our eyes. "I've seen the tape and I think we're playing good. Stay the Course."  :doh:

765002[/snapback]

That's not fair to Greggo. He was never as bad as meathead moron.

I'm an Iowa grad/WNY native, so I was excited when this game got put on the Hawkeye's schedule.

764941[/snapback]

I can understand your excitement... playing Syracuse is like finding a wad of cash in your golf bag.

That's not fair to Greggo.  He was never as good as as meathead moron.

765127[/snapback]

Fixed your post.

Anyway, WTF is up with this team? I have to laugh at all the idiots who were calling WHEN 4 years ago about Pasqualoni's playcalling being the reason they started going downhill. I mean, college ball is 95% recruiting and talent. Really sad that this is apparantly non-existent now given the number of players they have in the NFL. Seems like everyone just bought into the Jordan Gross kool-aid circa TD because he inexplicably lucked out at USC by hiring an awful NFL coach.

Seven plays from the two yard line.

766137[/snapback]

One of the most unreal goalline stands. Two consecutive interference calls in the end zone on 3rd down had Cuse set up to tie. Iowa's defense was there when they needed to be, can't take that away from them...But damn does that make the Orange offense look inept. Do they have the QB sneak in the playbook?

One of the most unreal goalline stands.  Two consecutive interference calls in the end zone on 3rd down had Cuse set up to tie.  Iowa's defense was there when they needed to be, can't take that away from them...But damn does that make the Orange offense look inept.  Do they have the QB sneak in the playbook?

766557[/snapback]

If you're going to run a playfake bootleg or an option, for crying out loud do it on 1st down. Who does that fool on 3rd down after you've been stuffed twice, or 5 times?

Yeah, my Hawkeyes did not look like the dominant team people expected. They really are much more dependant on Tate than we thought. (He didn't play due to an abdominal strain). Iowa's had trouble in September in the past and seems to get better as the season goes on.

I must say, Syracuse is better this year...They will win some games. I question the play calling, especially towards the end...Why go with a different running back at that key time? And what about that trick play on the punt? Kinda does remind me of Mularky.

Hoping the Hawks can regroup for Iowa State next weekend.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.