Two interesting bits

nodnarb

Colts | Team may be forced to pursue a QB

Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:26:48 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports if Indianapolis Colts backup QB Jim Sorgi's (shoulder) shoulder continues to be a problem or the Colts have an interest in acquiring another veteran, two might be available. Reports have the Buffalo Bills willing to part with QB Kelly Holcomb and the Tennessee Titans at least willing to listen to overtures for QB Billy Volek.

Patriots | Maroney will miss Week 1

Mon, 4 Sep 2006 08:38:55 -0700

ESPN's SportsCenter reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (leg) is OUT for the team's Week 1 game.

ESPN appears to have been talking out its ass.

761462[/snapback]

Doesn't mean he'll play, although even if he was 100% ther were no guarantees the rookie would see much action behind Dillon anyway.

I think the Pats are going to see lots of Maroney this year, but my guess is that the plan is to ramp him up a bit at a time and let him earn starts or take over when (not even going to say if) Dillon gets banged up. I can't imagine the plan for week 1 was to give him 20+ carries anyway.

That said, I think he's going to be a heck of a player - he's looked very good so far and has the tools.

Colts | Team may be forced to pursue a QB

Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:26:48 -0700

ESPN's SportsCenter reports New England Patriots RB Laurence Maroney (leg) is OUT for the team's Week 1 game.

761362[/snapback]

Who the hell knows if this is true or not? Belichik uses the damn injury report as part of his coaching strategy. As long as someone isn't moved to IR then they can play all they want or none at all.

As I've said before I hope Brady breaks both femurs on "the worst hit the NF has ever seen."

I wonder if that happens if he'll be listed as "questionable" or "doubtful" on the injury report from week to week.

They'd have to come up with a new category for that injury simply referred to as

"done for good"

Questionable

Probable

Doubtful

Out

"Done for good"