John DiGiorgio

Yoho

This is fun to watch.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6430388913143037646

760513[/snapback]

Wow. The video quality was consistently terrible, but this kid was all over the field (granted, against Division III opponents presumably). Appears to have great instincts, plays one step ahead of the play, fills the gap extremely well, hits well, pursues well, and once he gets his hands on the ball carrier, it's over.

I just watched the reply of the game. DiGiorgio played most of the second half. The first two of three plays he got he made tackles for no or minimal gain against the run. He was all over the place, QB pressures, on ST and with a sack! I saw the video above before I saw the game. They look the same. He has an ability to make a play, period.

From CBS Sportsline: J. DiGiorgio 3-3 1.0 - second on the Bills, and from what I saw he got shafted on these stats. He was the reason for at least 7 solid-to-great d plays out there that I rewinded and watched again. It's way too early to start crazy comparisons, but keep in mind that Fletch, and Zach Thomas, had equal or worse measurables. (And yes, DiGiorgio has a better 40 time :w00t: ) Thomas was drafted in the 5th and London was a UDFA.

In contrast, the other LBs were nowhere near as active out there. I know it's only the preseason, the Lions, etc. However, that's what the preseason is for. Man on man with Vanilla D's and O's - and this guy tore it up. My call is this guy definitely will be a force on ST, and (knocking on wood while writing) if an injury arises, he holds his own.

Here's to DiGiorgio, proof that desire counts most.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Murph used the same line on the broadcast Thursday night---you should be in broadcasting...

You will appreciate DiGiorgio's myspace page--check out Renee....Our new LB

Seems like a great kid--..wonder how many NFL teams have ever had a division III starter at MLB and a Division II back-up.

760078[/snapback]

We have a Division 3 starter in London Fletcher