Buffalo, we're losing NFL NETWORK!!!!

BillBacker55

Still have the HD-Tivo. The person on the phone said the new receivers are currently only available in Los Angeles and are scheduled for national release in early September. I'm not in that much of a hurry because I really rely on TIVO during the football season, and the season is too important to me to simultaneously introduce a new piece of PC-based recording equipment. I'd hate to find out I missed a game because the new receiver has a glitch.

761556[/snapback]

The new HD DVRs (non-TiVo) are now available and shipping; getting my first one (and the new dish) this Friday. I agree with you that I'm somewhat hesitant about relying upon the non-TiVo interface, but I'll still have my "old" HD-DVRs as backup if the new one is flaky.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America's favorite sport is true, but its one long angonizing tv commerical to watch a NFL game nowadays. Without TiVo, its painfull to sit thru 4 hours of a game. So much crap and not enough action.  :(

761635[/snapback]

DirectTV offers a channel that shows all the NFL games week after they are played with all the junk edited out. Just the plays. You can watch a game in hour!

Plus, they have a new channel that shows 8 games at once live!

Hello Divorce Court!

The new HD DVRs (non-TiVo) are now available and shipping; getting my first one (and the new dish) this Friday.  I agree with you that I'm somewhat hesitant about relying upon the non-TiVo interface, but I'll still have my "old" HD-DVRs as backup if the new one is flaky.

761935[/snapback]

How much did it cost you?

Am I the only one who thinks that NFL Network generally sucks, and that the only worthwile thing they have on is the pre-season games (which are now over?)

.. hey look honey, Bill Parcells is on again with his Darrin Dance Grooves DVD

DirectTV offers a channel that shows all the NFL games week after they are played with all the junk edited out. Just the plays. You can watch a game in hour!

Plus, they have a new channel that shows 8 games at once live!

Hello Divorce Court!

761998[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree that this is great, BUT... one usually knows who won the game already after a weeks time, so that kinda ruins it a little.

Dont think of it as losing the NFL Network, Negative Nancy!

Think of it as gaining a new QVC channel. You can buy a DIAMONIQUE ring!

761428[/snapback]

That's funny! Its kind of sad when they wont carry NFL net. You can look at the boards and see that NO ONE has said "screw nfl with all that pesky excitment, passion, and incredible action". I like to pay almost $100 per month to Time Warner so they can keep me from all my games! I call them all the time and they say "you still get 97% of the games". So I ask them that if I am now getting less games, shouldn't they give us money back?! THAT shuts up their mensa customer service reps. People, we need to call call call.

Am I the only one who thinks that NFL Network generally sucks, and that the only worthwile thing they have on is the pre-season games (which are now over?)

.. hey look honey, Bill Parcells is on again with his Darrin Dance Grooves  DVD

762053[/snapback]

they have a bunch of games starting with thanksgiving. Tell me that sucks.

Yeah, I agree that this is great, BUT... one usually knows who won the game already after a weeks time, so that kinda ruins it a little.

762085[/snapback]

sure, but it beats watching "Big Brother" or "American Idol"

I bought a Sony HD DVR which came out listing at $900, then was clearanced to $400, and finally the last one went out the door of my Circuit city and into my den for $150, which is about what it is worth, but since I get my HD over the air, with a complex antenna setup I concocted, it has been a godsend for me. And I have a DVR on my satillite Dish (non HD) which gives me the ability to record both Fox and CBS on Sundays. I may have to spring for the extra to bring HD in on Dish, but my wife can't believe the den now, with 6 separate remote controls (The Audio, the HD TV, the HD DVR, the Panasonic DVR, the Dish receiver, and the Sony CD/DVD changer.)

I call them all the time and they say "you still get 97% of the games".  So I ask them that if I am now getting less games, shouldn't they give us money back?!  THAT shuts up their mensa customer service reps.  People, we need to call call call.

762165[/snapback]

Ya know.....if the NFL played fair they'd open up the Sunday Ticket for ALL providers. Just sayin'. :angry:

BTW.......you're paying about .72/mo per basic channel (which airs the most NFL games). Divide that by 30/days per month and about 3 hours worth of programming. I'll credit your cable bill for ya. ;)

Ya know.....if the NFL played fair they'd open up the Sunday Ticket for ALL providers. Just sayin'.  :angry:

BTW.......you're paying about .72/mo per basic channel (which airs the most NFL games). Divide that by 30/days per month and about 3 hours worth of programming. I'll credit your cable bill for ya.  ;)

762510[/snapback]

EXACTLY! Good point. Time Warner would come to an agreement right away and pay big bucks if they could offer Sunday Ticket. :doh:

Ya know.....if the NFL played fair they'd open up the Sunday Ticket for ALL providers. Just sayin'.  :wacko:

BTW.......you're paying about .72/mo per basic channel (which airs the most NFL games). Divide that by 30/days per month and about 3 hours worth of programming. I'll credit your cable bill for ya.  :wacko:

762510[/snapback]

Sorry CL -- The NFL opened up the Ticket to cable, DirecTV, and Dish, but the cable companies didn't want to pay the big bucks for the Ticket. DirecTV did, and wanted to add the exclusive clause again.

It's not like cable wasn't offered a chance to pony up the dough for it. They're just cheap (as evidenced by the TW/NFLN battle...)

I still like ya though, even if you work for the enemy ;)