No Injuries Tonight And I Consider

Don't worry, I knocked on wood three times after writing this. In all seriousness though, I thought training camp and pre-season were very successful as the coaches and GM picked out the talent on this team. It looks as though they are heading in the right direction and here is to hoping Nall locks up the #2 spot tonight.

I agree completly. I am liking how things are handled so far and am pulling for Nall as the #2. Who knows, maybe JP(knock on wood) misses some time and Nall comes in and really surprises a lot of people, we could have a stable QB situation for the first time in a while.

I was happy that, despite all the gaffes, the Bills' starters beat the Browns' starters last weekend. And while you might be tempted to say "well it IS the Browns," they were 6-10 last year in a tough division (had the Bungles who had a 1st round bye, the Steelers who won the SB and who along with Baltimore were tied for the 2nd best defense in yards per play). They also cut a lot of bums and added some good players over the off-season, not to mention they got back Edwards and Winslow Jr.

I too will consider it a successful pre-season if there are no injuries.

The thing that I love is that the Bills keep improving and they continue to stay under the radar (i mean WAY UNDER the radar)

757242[/snapback]

I agree. The invisibility cloak we are under right now is helping. There is no pressure on this team right now other than the pressure they are putting on themselves and that of the coaching staff.

I do beleive if they carry their pre-season play into the regular season they will gain alot of respect this year. If they continue to play as a team learn from their mistakes they may very well be contenders if not this season then next.

GO BILLS!!

I agree completly. I am liking how things are handled so far and am pulling for Nall as the #2. Who knows, maybe JP(knock on wood) misses some time and Nall comes in and really surprises a lot of people, we could have a stable QB situation for the first time in a while.

757143[/snapback]

What would make you think that Nall would end up a better QB than JP?

I just mean Nall proves he can be a solid backup at the very least. I don't think he has as much upside as Losman or be better for that matter. I'm just hoping for a solid QB situation overall.

757290[/snapback]

In my opinion, a solid QB situation is not defined as having two good starting QBs on the roster. This is definitely a BAD thing, and only causes problems down the road. A solid QB situation is having one leader, one experienced but less than stellar QB as a backup, and one that is an all-pro at holding clipboards and getting water. Reich and Van Pelt were terrific in their roles as backups. If Nall is the man, he can show me next year. This (whole) year is JP's.

Backups challenging for starting spots in camp = good!

Backups challenging for starting spots in week 5 = BAD!

Definite success on pretty much all fronts if there are no injuries. The team actually looks like they are coming together as a team this year and not starting off on a sour note. Everyone has EARNED their spot and there is no room for complaint. I think DJ and the rest of the staff has done an excellent job all things considered.