Eat this Peter King

While I do not pick Miami to get to the superbowl, I don't think that doing so is taking a huge risk.

756042[/snapback]

When is the last time a team with an OL that bad made the Super Bowl? Miami is solid at the skill positions on offense but that isn't usually enough to get the job done. Hell, if it was all about the skill positions Arizona would be booking their flight to the SB right now.

As for Miami's D, it's still a decent D but getting old and I wouldn't trust it to be the unit that carried the team come playoff time. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami limped into the playoffs with a WC only to get demolished in game one.

Thinks we actually have talent.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...port/index.html

Of course I'm not sure how much I trust a group that expects the dolphins to make it to the superbowl.   :D

*Apparently

755981[/snapback]

It's a requirement that as soon as the Dolphins win at least 8 games in the season all the sportswriters at SI have to declare them the superbowl favorites. They were the AFC East and superbowl favorites every year during the 90s despite the Bills 4 year run and I think 8-2 record during that run over the Dolphins (including the 2 playoff drubbings we gave them).

And yes it'll be great to watch coach Mularkey work his magic like line up a WR behind center to throw a 1 yard swing pass - this should have the defense so confused they'll all fall over. At least we'll know if it's 1st and goal at the 1 we can take all of our DL off the field and replace with the DBs.

I think Miami is going to have a good year (and a great year from a fantasy perspective). Culpepper/Chambers/McMichael/Brown is probably one of the best, if not the best, nucleus of offensive talent in the NFL. I think the Fins' defense is slipping, so you might see them get into some shoot-outs.  But they're going to win some games this year.

(I still think, however, that the Bills will split the season series with them).

756029[/snapback]

You could be right. A lot will hinge on Culpepper's abililty to make a comeback from a terrible 2005 season with the Vikings. He will have to answer questions about why that was, but no one argues about his arm or his athleticism. He has a cannon and he can move like a running back while carrying TE size. That is a formidable combination. Chambers, McMichael and Brown are all more than solid at their respective positions.

They key will be to neutralize Jason Taylor.  If we can find a way to do that, or even slow him down to where he's not nearly as effective, we have a shot.  Their secondary isn't that great, and their LBs, save Channing Crowder, aren't much better.

756037[/snapback]

A punch in the nut sack should slow him down !

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami limped into the playoffs with a WC only to get demolished in game one.

756297[/snapback]

That is about where I see them. They would need to split with NE and go perhaps 3-1 or even 4-0 in their remaining divisional games to even achieve this.