Aaron Gibson

Griff28

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.  We are talking about a guy who was drafted in the first round as a tackle, had very limited "success" early on, bounced to multiple teams, was out of football last year, and is on the 3rd team this year as a guard... and you are comparing him to two quarterbacks.  Name for me an offensive lineman with a similar history to Gibson who has made it.  Mike Williams perhaps?

752875[/snapback]

What does it matter about players from the past. That just goes along with what people said about Jurt Warner before he became an MVP. "How many QB's in the arena league that bag groceries actually pan out".

The fact of the matter is that you don't know. That's why they call them projects.

Terrence Pennington - a rookie 7th round pick from an average conference is a project.  You still have not answered why you are so high on a guy who has played 20 minutes in 3 games?

752891[/snapback]

If we want to get childish, "Well you haven't answered my question about if you have been to training camp or not this year?"

Seriously, Mrs. Gandy, I wasn't saying that Aaron was a potential threat for Mike this year. I said potentially.

Terrence Pennington - a rookie 7th round pick from an average conference is a project.  You still have not answered why you are so high on a guy who has played 20 minutes in 3 games?

752891[/snapback]

I am "high" on a guy like Gibson because first off i have seen him play aggressively in training camp, and also because he could potentially be the kind of player that proves douche bags like you, wrong.

OK.  We are talking about a guy who was drafted in the first round as a tackle, had very limited "success" early on, bounced to multiple teams, was out of football last year, and is on the 3rd team this year as a guard... and you are comparing him to two quarterbacks.  Name for me an offensive lineman with a similar history to Gibson who has made it.  Mike Williams perhaps?

752875[/snapback]

How about this, although he may not be an offensive linemen, Ted Washington believe it or not, a first round draft choice by the SanFrancisco 49ers, battled weight problems early in his career. He was cut, went to Denver, didn't pan out there, and came to Buffalo as a risk under Marv Levy's regime. I would say he did fairly well, going on to Pro Bowls and winnging a Super Bowl with your very favorite New England Patriots.

So please, please, i am begging you, don't come into my house with that garbage.

I would also like to add Steve Tasker to this list that consists of Rich Gannon, Kurt Warner, and Ted Washington. Takser was cut by the Houston Oilers and Marv brought in an undersized Caucasian Male that went on to be a stellar special teams player and have a spot created on Pro Bowl teams, FOR HIM.

Shall i go on? if so, wait, i need to walk my dog, and we can continue this shalacking when i return.

I tried to make this playful at first but then you have to insult my opinion and say that i have no basis for my arguments. If you want to be a big dog, don't sh-- and piss with the puppies.

In nomine Patris, ett Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

752939[/snapback]

By the way BonndckCL, congrats on your 500 & subsequent title change.

I would have guessed that that was what you were wanting to put there. :blink:

By the way BonndckCL, congrats on your 500 & subsequent title change.

I would have guessed that that was what you were wanting to put there. :blink:

752945[/snapback]

Not initially, and then i remembered your question about what i did with the saints and i decided to stay with that theme since people may get my name confused with that kitty cartoon. :blink:

Thanks

I saw Aaron Gibson at training camp, and he was kick ass ! He could be on the bubble as far as making the roster. It depends on whether we keep 9 or 10 O-Linemen The guy is a beast. If he can keep his weight under control he could be a contributor.

Why what seems to be the problem?

I have made valid points about NFL teams copying success, Marv's love for projects, and then you responded by using his age against him, and i responded with a Rich Gannon remark. How about i throw another name at you, Kurt Warner. He was old too and labeled a nothing, i think he did pretty damn well for himself.

752871[/snapback]

You've made valid points according to who? Or is it Whom? Your comment about having something to prove can be applied to everyone from Ralph Wilson to the front office, the coaching staff and all of the players. Yes, it's motivating for all but they have yet to prove anything in terms of wins and losses. Odds are that not everyone will be able to turn that potential or motivation into a great performance, because some just don't have enough talent. Gibson may make the team because the O-line has no depth. I doubt he could make the Patriots team even though you think he fits like a glove. A very large glove. So as they say here in Chicago, Who you crappin?

You've made valid points according to who?   Or is it Whom?  Your comment about having something to prove can be applied  to everyone from Ralph Wilson to the front office, the coaching staff and all of the players.  Yes, it's motivating for all but they have yet to prove anything in terms of wins and losses.  Odds are that not everyone will be able to turn that potential or motivation into a great performance, because some just don't have enough talent.  Gibson may make the team because the O-line has no depth.  I doubt he could make the Patriots team even though you think he fits like a glove.  A very large glove.  So as they say here in Chicago, Who you crappin?

752980[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that the debate was neccessarily about that whether or not the Patriots would accept him. I think you took everything i said and took it out of context. I merely brought up a point and he ran with it. I didn't really go into the needs of the team, which probably would have been a great way to go.

Gibson still does not get cut in this cut to 75, and maybe even at all.

Well, THAT was 36 posts that went absolutely nowhere! Frankly, the jury is still deliberating about the merits of Aaron Gibson making this team. I will chime in that the sway seems to be leaning towards Mr. Gibson making the team. The reason that he was "moved" to ORG was to increase his versitility and hence, his worth. OUT!!!

You honestly believe that he was moved to guard to increase his versatility? And because he is such a proven commodity, the coaching staff didn't feel he needed even a single snap at tackle the entire pre-season? He was moved to guard because he's too slow to play tackle. The same reason he was out of the league last year. Now he has proven to be too slow to play guard, hence the reason he is working with the third unit. I still have not seen anyone tie together why his playing a total of 20 minutes in 3 games with the third unit equates to him making this team.