Bills will beat NE in week 1

Other way around.  If Brady was on the colts team instead of Manning.....with Harrison, the Edge, that OL.....it's the Colts that win the SB.

What more could Manning have done for the Pats(esp. that 1st SB) that Brady didn't?  Manning is my favourite currant non-Bill player(see other thread for proof) but until he steps up & wins big games......well he is still my favourite non-Bill player :devil:

753648[/snapback]

Ok let me ask you the same question. What else could have Brady done, that Manning didnt do in the playoffs last year to beat Pittsburgh to make the SB??? Manning was 22/38 for 290 yards and a TD. Thats solid numbers for a playoff game. The real mark is that between James and Rhodes together they only had 58 rushing yards while the Indi Defense let the Steelers have over 100 yards rushing and Vanderjagt missed a field goal. So unless Brady can play defense and kick field goals I dont think their would have been much a difference if he took Mannings fault last year. How about 2 years ago? You mean the year that TY LAW and the Patriots Secondary raped the Indi receivers so bad that the NFL was forced to institute the "Ty law rule" AKA the 10 yard bump ... shall I go on?

Again. Not saying Brady is bad. I think talent wise he is 3rd best in the NFL as a QB.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the one thing that may be in are favour is field goals. NE does not have Adam Vanitary (sic) anymore.

753482[/snapback]

What makes you think they'll be settling for kicking field goals ? The Patriots should win between 11 and 13 games with their weak schedule and are probably in the top seven in the league overall. Can you honestly say Buffalo is clearly better than anyone in the league ? Maybe San Francisco and maybe an arguemnt can be made for Green Bay, The Jets and Cleveland. Final 42-10 Or 35-17 if Losman plays decent.

The talent YES ... not the combination Brady had. Do you not see what I am saying???

753656[/snapback]

No :devil:! I can't see anything cause all I can see is the bling from Brady's RINGSthat Peyton wished he had. God I can't stand the Pats.

What makes you think they'll be settling for kicking field goals ? The Patriots should win between 11 and 13 games with their weak schedule and are probably in the top seven in the league overall. Can you honestly say Buffalo is clearly better than anyone in the league ? Maybe San Francisco and maybe an arguemnt can be made for Green Bay, The Jets  and Cleveland.  Final 42-10 Or 35-17 if Losman plays decent.

753657[/snapback]

I certainly dont think Buffalo is better but I think your mistaken if you think NE is still in the top 10. I would rank them about 12. They have lost some key players - Branch the latest is seeking a trade. The impact of Weiss leaving showed last year and will show this year. Just watch. But no - the Bills are worse.

I certainly dont think Buffalo is better but I think your mistaken if you think NE is still in the top 10. I would rank them about 12. They have lost some key players - Branch the latest is seeking a trade. The impact of Weiss leaving showed last year and will show this year. Just watch. But no - the Bills are worse.

753667[/snapback]

You seriously don't think they are a top 10 team?

The impact of Weiss leaving showed last year and will show this year. Just watch.

Not sure what you were watching but the Patriot offense didn't look much, if any, different last year than it did previously with Weiss.

Too bad it's still preseason.

753743[/snapback]

Yeah okay, preseason generally doesn't matter but you don't think 41 points to someone elses 0 points is indicative of anything?

So I suppose the team that got 0 points just felt that it was preseason and to the hell with really trying to score.

Yeah okay, preseason generally doesn't matter but you don't think 41 points to someone elses 0 points is indicative of anything?

So I suppose the team that got 0 points just felt that it was preseason and to the hell with really trying to score.

753754[/snapback]

I can't take any stock in games where both teams aren't playing their #1 players all game. Teams don't play to win in the Preseason, they evaluate. The Redskins are a different team with Portis.

Haha sorry. Let me explain. I made that statement referring to pure talent. Its just my opinion but I think if you put Peyton Manning on those SB teams, that the Patriots still win the SB and it doesnt come down to 1 field goal. Just my opinion though.

753640[/snapback]

They probably lose to the Rams on a last minute interception of Peyton. Either that or he throws his O line under the bus and they lose on a last minute sack and fumble. :devil:

Ok let me ask you the same question. What else could have Brady done, that Manning didnt do in the playoffs last year to beat Pittsburgh to make the SB??? Manning was 22/38 for 290 yards and a TD. Thats solid numbers for a playoff game. The real mark is that between James and Rhodes together they only had 58 rushing yards

753652[/snapback]

Want me to list them?

1. Take advantage of Polomalu's horrible deep ball covering skills (like Brady did in 2004 AFC Championship game).

2. Don't call stupid plays in the red zone on second and two, with one of the leagues best running backs behind you. (yes Peyton called that play)

3. Ditch that stupid audible crap that fools no one and just wastes time.

4. Don't blame your own offensive line for your own weaknesses.

5. 46 yard fieldgoal is no gimmie. Should have not gone for the endzone, plenty of time to move it closer.

4. Don't blame your own offensive line for your own weaknesses.

Are you saying that the Colts OLine was OK in that game?

;)

Or that Brady would have done any better in that situation?

:devil: