Game thread...

udonkey

It's funny how the same people who warn against the danger of writing Losman off after eight games are perfectly willing to write Nall off after a quarter or two of preseason play.

753296[/snapback]

I don't think saying that he earned the #2 QB position is the same as writing him off. I just believe that JP has shown enough to earn the starting QB role. Nall has shown talent and will hopefully be a solid backup, but even based on preseason it is hard not to say JP looks better.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think saying that he earned the #2 QB position is the same as writing him off.  I just believe that JP has shown enough to earn the starting QB role.  Nall has shown talent and will hopefully be a solid backup, but even based on preseason it is hard not to say JP looks better.

753300[/snapback]

Yes, JP has looked better this preseason. That said, if you take into account the time Nall missed due to injury, and the fact he didn't get to play as much as JP, it's not like he had the same chance to shine that JP had. I'd like it if the Bills gave Nall the lion's share of game 4 to really see what he can do.

A few quick thoughts now that I have seen the game.....

1) London Fletcher was amazing. The ovation Spikes got on the first tackle was special too. I hope the Bills address the lb position in 07 so we can continue to see good play from this unit.

2) This game proved once again that we are very solid at DE. Denney was good, and Schobel is going to be fun to watch this year. If he stays healthy, I think he will put up numbers that nudge the pro-bowl.

3) To the MaGahee bashers who say that he can't "run between tackles," I say that you are crazy, and would like to remind you that GUARDS play between tackles. As you may have guessed, I focused on the OL and saw little push in the middle from the starting unit, although the OTs did seem to open some lanes.

Willis will be fine if he has any room, and that includes "between the tackles."

4) Even though Peerless was all alone, I credit JP for a very good pass because the ball was there if Peerless would have been smothered. Not every qb in the league has the arm to make that sort of throw, but we already knew that.

5) Aiken continues to dominate on special teams. I TRULY hope he is not cut.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!