DJ knows how to use the preseason

Dick Jauron...the Anti-Meathead.

PTR

750352[/snapback]

Promo, you've nailed it, bud. This is precisely why I'm not totally down on our chances to field a decent team this year.

The change in the coaching staff is the best example of "addition by subtraction" I've seen in a long time.

When Willis on the field in 3rd-and-goal from inside the 5, you'll know what I mean :-)

Promo, you've nailed it, bud.  This is precisely why I'm not totally down on our chances to field a decent team this year.

The change in the coaching staff is the best example of "addition by subtraction" I've seen in a long time.

When Willis on the field in 3rd-and-goal from inside the 5, you'll know what I mean :-)

750370[/snapback]

True, but I am more hopeful to just not look ridiculous in the loses.

This team is still short on solid players on both lines and they have an unproven QB. Hopefully some of the younger guys will surprise us. DJ will help stabilize things but wins could be hard to come by for awhile.

True, but I am more hopeful to just not look ridiculous in the loses. 

This team is still short on solid players on both lines and they have an unproven QB.  Hopefully some of the younger guys will surprise us.  DJ will help stabilize things but wins could be hard to come by for awhile.

750425[/snapback]

Yeah, we should be patient.

I hope that by Week 3 the convential wisdom here does not change to Mularkey actually was a genius and great motivator as evidenced by the winning streak in 2004 and his problems were b/c Wilson and Donahoe were too meddling.

I love this guy...He's giving his players a chance to see what they can do. I'm interested in seeing how Anthony Thomas does starting against Cleveland.

750298[/snapback]

This is really no surprise. Who really wants to see Willis playing the 1st half of the last 2 games and open to injury?

Yeah, we should be patient.

I hope that by Week 3 the convential wisdom here does not change to Mularkey actually was a genius and great motivator as evidenced by the winning streak in 2004 and his problems were b/c Wilson and Donahoe were too meddling.

750429[/snapback]

I am just happy the Fins have the "genius" this year. I hope he pulls Ronnie Brown on 3rd down in favor of Sammy Morris. :lol:

If you follow other sports, you can see that addition by substraction has helped teams be successful. I look at the Sabres and the Detroit Tigers as two teams that win with "inferior" talent. If a coach puts the players in situations where they can win, I believe that is the key to success.....but then again, I am a huge fan of Marv so I believe that he knows what he did...and we the fans will reap the reward.