Anyone planning to pick up Madden '07?

Buftex

If you guys want a REAL sports game, pick up "Winning Eleven" by Konami. It's the most realistc approximation of actual game play EVER.  :devil:

749317[/snapback]

The problem I've always had with that game is I can't shoot on goal to save my life. I suppose that's part of the simulation of it. Plenty of nil-nil draws.

The problem I've always had with that game is I can't shoot on goal to save my life.  I suppose that's part of the simulation of it.  Plenty of nil-nil draws.

749344[/snapback]

I had the same problem, myself....I find the "practice" mode to be invaluable, though. It's been a while since I've played, but a year or so ago my brother and I pretty much ran that thnig into the ground. I still can't get over how realistic it is....

...EA Sports NHL game became my favorite...maybe it is because the Bills kind of suck (I don't get into making major changes on the teams!), and the Sabres were a gas this year...

748662[/snapback]

Don't you think that EA has almost completely abandoned the NHL series?? It used to be thier best sports game bar none. Now it has that slapped together feeling and its way too arcade like. Even tweaking the AI and gameplay setting to the max can't get you anything close to a realistic game. They really should sub that game out to a developer that gives a ****.

Don't you think that EA has almost completely abandoned the NHL series?? It used to be thier best sports game bar none. Now it has that slapped together feeling and its way too arcade like. Even tweaking the AI and gameplay setting to the max can't get you anything close to a realistic game. They really should sub that game out to a developer that gives a ****.

749359[/snapback]

Supposedly this years version is going to be very good. I'll beleive it when it see it. The 2k series has kicked a$$ the last few years...

Supposedly this years version is going to be very good. I'll beleive it when it see it. The 2k series has kicked a$$ the last few years...

749370[/snapback]

Yeah who cares about EA when we have 2k. At least they haven't taken hockey away......YET.

I picked upMadden Circut City has it for 37

The ps2 Version new Super star mode is Very Interesting, you only play THAT Playerand you can be any position, I was a Center

The 360 Version has RB Styles in it, where they model specific RBs but it still seemed limited

The new Drafting is much more indeepth,

The Running game is FINALLY improved, but maybe to much I find myself running all over people

I'm going to stick with 2006 for another year.  They don't do enough from year to year to warrant buying the game annually.  Hopefully by 2008 they'll have some idea how to make a salary cap work or how to do player progression in their Franchise mode.  In my franchise now, I have the best team in the NFL every season and I'm always 20 million dollars UNDER the cap.  Managing the salary cap should be THE challenge in franchise mode.

It would also help if the other teams in the franchise mode did things that made sense.  Teams will literally spend their first round pick on a QB every year.  A few years into my franchise, I noticed the Texans had 5 QBs on the roster.

I'll get Madden next year for PS3 or the Nintendo Wii (when, ideally, I will own one of those systems).

749086[/snapback]

Agreed completely. I dont know why they have such a problem with the salary cap. Every year i am 15-20 mil under the cap, as are other teams, so you dont get too many big name FA's, and teams rarely have to cut players to get under the cap.

Regarding progression, what sucks is that this years rooks will be 99's by the end of the second season, but players alreayd in the NFL can have HUGE seasons and go up about 2 ratings points. Madden has a chub for rookies.