MLB Liam Ezekiel

CB Kiwaukee Thomas

CB James Bethea

S Rob Lee

S Rashad Baker

S Jim Leonhard

S Coy Wire

I think:

Baker stays, and Ellison goes to PS on defense.

Merz or Geislinger goes and it's probably Merz, and we keep Davis.

Jerman stays and Pennington is PS.

Thomas stays and we cut Shaud.

There are some tough cuts on this team. Burns may finally go if they keep Neufeld, which would allow us to keep a guy like Ellison or the extra WR like Davis. Davis made a great play on the punt team last night.

Anthony Thomas stays but we cut Joe Burns...no way that we dump Shaud Williams before Joe Burns.

LB'er Ezekial may also stay.

747427[/snapback]

honestly i think burns has more value to the team with his special teams ability, where Williams isn't that great of a special teamer

not bad but i think cieselak will make and neufeld will get cut, as well as reed geting cut in favor of Davis

747425[/snapback]

Okay, now I know you're trippin'. Reed got a massive signing bonus during the offseason - he's not going anywhere. And based on what I saw last night, Cieslak was on the field with the second string special teamers and once or twice at tight end. Neufeld on the other hand, started on special teams and was out there on offense a lot. Based on the recent changes to the depth chart on the Bills' website, Cieslak makes his way back to the practice squad while Neufeld sticks around to add some veteran depth at TE.

That roster looks pretty close to what I think, too.

My opinion

Take off Neufeld and add Cieslak

Take off Burns and add Jerman

Mertz to practice squad and add Gibson

I also think Holcomb will get cut if Nall looks good in a little more extended action. Kingsbury can be added to the P.S.

The defense looks right, who knows about the 4th DE

Now that I'm watching the Cincy game, I think Reed's days are numbered.  Not so much for the interception, but for yet another drop--on the long ball in the first quarter.

It's just too many drops over too many seasons with this guy.  I'd rather give Davis a shot.

747595[/snapback]

I agree, i'd feel better with anyone in there over reed, hes had too many oppourtunities that hes blown, time to get someone new in there.

With Andre Davis and Peerless Price coming in, plus the receivers we already had on the roster, I really thought Sam Aiken would have a hard time making the team.

What I've seen so far of him on offense, plus his special teams ability we already know about, I think he's just about a lock now for the 5th receiver spot.

If they keep six it's wide open, but if they only go with 5 receivers, I think it's just about settled.

With Andre Davis and Peerless Price coming in, plus the receivers we already had on the roster, I really thought Sam Aiken would have a hard time making the team.

What I've seen so far of him on offense, plus his special teams ability we already know about, I think he's just about a lock now for the 5th receiver spot.

If they keep six it's wide open, but if they only go with 5 receivers, I think it's just about settled.

747641[/snapback]

I like Aiken a lot, mostly because he's a terrific blocking WR. He must be used correctly to be effective--i.e., on both pass and run plays so the defense doesn't read run as soon as he comes in--but he's very good as a blocking WR. As a pure receiver, sure, he isn't that great. But he's no worse than Josh Reed (who doesn't block as well), either.