Typical bush league city crap

vegas55

NFL network move to not show Bills/Bengals replay must be related to local channel showing replay later this evening. Typical of the bush league loser mentality that permeates the area; and why the area will lose its pro football franchise in a few years.

Huh? The area's got nothing to do with it.

I take it you're from Cincinnatti?

If a local station is airing/replaying a game, they generally will take precedence

in any city. It all depends on the agreements between the NFL and the television or satellite networks.

I can understand it you're angry, but you'd be better off venting your troll impulses to the NFL.

Then again, I doubt you'd get an answer.

As I had mentioned, it has to do with the specific agreements between the local television stations, the cable networks, the satellite companies, and the NFL.

All of that can get quite complicated.

Here in Youngstown, OH, we live between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. The agreements between the Ytown TV stations, cable companies, and the NFL have gotten so complicated that each Sunday is an adventure in terms of what game is going to be on.

Youngstown actually gets Bills' games from time to time, because conflicting agreements prevent one station from running the Steeler's game at the same time as the Browns game, etc.

As I had mentioned, it has to do with the specific agreements between the local television stations, the cable networks, the satellite companies, and the NFL.

All of that can get quite complicated. 

Here in Youngstown, OH, we live between Pittsburgh and Cleveland.  The agreements between the Ytown TV stations, cable companies, and the NFL have gotten so complicated that each Sunday is an adventure in terms of what game is going to be on. 

Youngstown actually gets Bills' games from time to time, because conflicting agreements prevent one station from running the Steeler's game at the same time as the Browns game, etc.

747411[/snapback]

But it's much easier to blame it on a supposed "bush league loser mentality" of "the area" than to take the time either to understand how the broadcasting arrangements work or to understand "the area." Vegas, do Buffalo a favor: if you're here, either work to make the place better or leave. If you're not, stay away.

But it's much easier to blame it on a supposed "bush league loser mentality" of "the area" than to take the time either to understand how the broadcasting arrangements work or to understand "the area."  Vegas, do Buffalo a favor:  if you're here, either work to make the place better or leave.  If you're not, stay away.

747418[/snapback]

"take the time to understand the broadcasting arrangements" You are kidding right? Its a simple analysis - Buffalo is the ONLY chicken s market in the entire NFL that has a broadcasting "arrangement" whereby the Bills preseason game cannot be shown on a the NFL (a national) network.

"take the time to understand the broadcasting arrangements"  You are kidding right? Its a simple analysis - Buffalo is the ONLY chicken s market in the entire NFL that has a broadcasting "arrangement" whereby the Bills preseason game cannot be shown on a the NFL (a national) network.

747429[/snapback]

Dude settle down. Last week's game @ Carolina was replayed on Monday. This has nothing to do with the city of Buffalo or the NFL hating you personally or the Bills or whatever.

"take the time to understand the broadcasting arrangements"  You are kidding right? Its a simple analysis - Buffalo is the ONLY chicken s market in the entire NFL that has a broadcasting "arrangement" whereby the Bills preseason game cannot be shown on a the NFL (a national) network.

747429[/snapback]

Umm, it is being shown, just not in the local market. Local stations get first broadcast rights, which means the NFL network can't show it in Buffalo before tonight at 8:00.

True of every home city, though I don't know if all make the effort to broadcast tape-delays of the home games during the pre-season...Buffalo is in fact non Bush League because they actually bother to. Not everyone gets NFL Network, in fact, with the buyout of Adelphia, most won't, but anyone in the area can get channel 7. That they are using up prime-time to do the rebroadcast is a testament to the area, if you think about it...But I'm guessing that thinking isn't among your strengths...

Umm, it is being shown, just not in the local market.  Local stations get first broadcast rights, which means the NFL network can't show it in Buffalo before tonight at 8:00.

True of every home city, though I don't know if all make the effort to broadcast tape-delays of the home games during the pre-season...Buffalo is in fact non Bush League because they actually bother to.  Not everyone gets NFL Network, in fact, with the buyout of Adelphia, most won't, but anyone in the area can get channel 7.  That they are using up prime-time to do the rebroadcast is a testament to the area, if you think about it...But I'm guessing that thinking isn't among your strengths...

747444[/snapback]

I'm in LA. It was scheduled on my TV Guide for here but it is not on now, the Ravens game is. I'm sure there is a rights reason, and not just boning Buffalo, but it isn't only not shown locally, I don't think it's shown anywhere now. It will come out why soon.

I'm in LA. It was scheduled on my TV Guide for here but it is not on now, the Ravens game is. I'm sure there is a rights reason, and not just boning Buffalo, but it isn't only not shown locally, I don't think it's shown anywhere now. It will come out why soon.

747448[/snapback]

This is pretty easy to explain. NFL Network is a national broadcast. The replay tonight is a local broadcast. Until the local broadcast happens, the national broadcast cannot, because the NFL network broadcasts nationally in the Buffalo TV market as well. Where the rest of us live has nothing to do with it, we have to wait until they show it in Buffalo. Btw, they are showing it on NFL network on Tuesday at noon <_<

This is pretty easy to explain. NFL Network is a national broadcast. The replay tonight is a local broadcast. Until the local broadcast happens, the national broadcast cannot, because the NFL network broadcasts nationally in the Buffalo TV market as well. Where the rest of us live has nothing to do with it, we have to wait until they show it in Buffalo. Btw, they are showing it on NFL network on Tuesday at noon <_<

747450[/snapback]

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that it was scheduled locally six months ago. The NFL Network should've known this and must check it for all of their rebroadcast games, if that's indeed the rule and you're probably right. Why would they have told service providers and TV Guides and other places that it will be shown Saturday at 1pm EST? Furthermore, if that is the reason, the local broadcast would be over by 8pm EST Saturday. They originally planned to show it about 15 hours after the original game was over. Why wouldn't they then show it on, say, Sunday or Monday before Tuesday?

That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that it was scheduled locally six months ago. The NFL Network should've known this and must check it for all of their rebroadcast games, if that's indeed the rule and you're probably right. Why would they have told service providers and TV Guides and other places that it will be shown Saturday at 1pm EST? Furthermore, if that is the reason, the local broadcast would be over by 8pm EST Saturday. They originally planned to show it about 15 hours after the original game was over. Why wouldn't they then show it on, say, Sunday or Monday before Tuesday?

747454[/snapback]

Because Buffalo is a Bush league City. <_<

747454[/snapback]

If it would have sold out, the game would have been on live and NFL channel could have shown the game today. I know the possibility of a sellout for the non kids day game is not likely, but it may explain the change.

If it would have sold out, the game would have been on live and NFL channel could have shown the game today.  I know the possibility of a sellout for the non kids day game is not likely, but it may explain the change.

747477[/snapback]

Even if it was sold out, the game would not have been shown live. The blackout rules do not apply because this is a local broadcast, not a network broadcast.

I'm in Denver, and it was scheduled to be on the NFL Network (DirecTV channel 212) this morning. It has been on my record "To Do List" for days. When I got up this morning I went to triple check it was still there and it wasn't. I checked the schedule and it was no longer listed. So, it definitely was not just a local market thing. Probably it is simply bad luck with the local channel rebroadcast precedence thing, but, it seems like that would happen in other markets to other teams as well. Maybe it has somewhere, but I have not heard of it. In any event, I don't get how some local channel rebroadcast preference should have any bearing on me not being able to watch it in Denver!

I know how you feel, but it does happen in other areas. Living here in Youngstown, OH and being between Pittsburgh and Cleveland, the marketing, broadcast and rebroadcast agreements have turned the "who gets to air what" into a circus almost every week. And now that the NFL has its own network, it's going to get more complicated. And we don't even get the NFL network here, unless you pay for the premium tier, which turns the cable bill into a car payment.

I'm in Denver, and it was scheduled to be on the NFL Network (DirecTV channel 212) this morning.  It has been on my record "To Do List" for days.  When I got up this morning I went to triple check it was still there and it wasn't.  I checked the schedule and it was no longer listed.  So, it definitely was not just a local market thing.  Probably  it is simply bad luck with the local channel rebroadcast precedence thing, but, it seems like that would happen in other markets to other teams as well.  Maybe it has somewhere, but I have not heard of it.  In any event, I don't get how some local channel rebroadcast preference should have any bearing on me not being able to watch it in Denver!

747653[/snapback]