Anyone else see a problem

frogger

I really think our weakest position is still WR, some may argue that it is in fact the Offensive line, however I feel the line hasn't reached it's potential. Many of of our WR have.

Evans is good, and would be an ideal 2nd WR, but lacks height. we can only go deep so many times a game. he is not a chain mover he is a big play WR.

Price is at the end of his career IMHO, injuries may be the reason, but I just don't see the 1200 yard Price anymore.

Parrish is as smallest WR in the NFL, comparing him to san Moss is just stupid. moss gets thru jams. and is much stronger. Parrish is a good PR, and that's it.

Reed-no WR has disappointed me more in the last ten years. he should be our 3rd down back, give him his old number.

Aiken-lets us hope that Aiken turns into something this year, he is our tallest WR. However he lacks speed. But he does run good routes, if given time. I would make him the number two at this point, however starting him mean we lose one of our best STers.

Davis will likely be watching games this year.

Smith is also small and not fast.

Nance will be lucky if he makes PS

Wilson should make the team over Price.

I am really hoping that there are some surprise releases before the beginning of the season. I don't think the line can always be blamed for the sacks, think how difficult it would be to look over 6'4"+ men, when you are 6'2" and trying to find WR that are all under 6' (not including aiken) while DBs are getting bigger. I would trade a 3rd round for Lelie or wait for a release like Rogers (det). at the very least they have the height to be seen, when not injured

I think that WR is the only position that we haven't necessarily improved on from last year. But that said, Roscoe and Aiken could join with Lee to prove a talented threesome. That's assuming we get nothing from Reed or Price, neither of which I'm excited about, but both of whom could contribute. Having Holcomb's arm holding a clipboard, and having Willis and our TEs catch some balls, and I think we can have a very successful passing game if JP continues to mature. JP has helped Lee look like a #1 receiver on many occasions (KC and MIA last year, plus Saturday's game), and I think that the rest of the guys have the potential.

So while agreeing that WR is the one position that might not have improved, I don't think it will be our weak spot, and I still get more worried about our O-Line.

I'm a little concerned about WR too.

Evans will be good and Parrish/Reed will be fine in the 3rd/4th roles. Those two may be above average in those roles.

Price is the missing link right now.

He hasn't had any injuries, and I've seen teammates (both with the Cowboys last year and the Bills this year) quoted as saying he hasn't lost any speed.

There's no reason he can't be a pretty good number two, but I'm with you, something seems wrong there. He's not even getting open enough to get any attempts his way.

I really think our weakest position is still WR, some may argue that it is in fact the Offensive line, however I feel the line hasn't reached it's potential.  Many of of our WR have.

Evans is good, and would be an ideal 2nd WR, but lacks height.  we can only go deep so many times a game.  he is not a chain mover he is a big play WR.

Price is at the end of his career IMHO, injuries may be the reason, but I just don't see the 1200 yard Price anymore.

Parrish is as smallest WR in the NFL, comparing him to san Moss is just stupid.  moss gets thru jams. and is much stronger.  Parrish is a good PR, and that's it.

Reed-no WR has disappointed me more in the last ten years.  he should be our 3rd down back, give him his old number.

Aiken-lets us hope that Aiken turns into something this year, he is our tallest WR.  However he lacks speed.  But he does run good routes, if given time.  I would make him the number two at this point, however starting him mean we lose one of our best STers.

I am really hoping that there are some surprise releases before the beginning of the season.  I don't think the line can always be blamed for the sacks, think how difficult it would be to look over 6'4"+ men, when you are 6'2" and trying to find WR that are all under 6' (not including aiken) while DBs are getting bigger.  I would trade a 3rd round for Lelie or wait for a release like Rogers (det).  at the very least they have the height to be seen, when not injured

747196[/snapback]

I would have to disagree, we don't know what roscoe parrish has because he hasn't seen enough time or balls thrown his way to truly be evaluated, but i've liked what we've seen from him so far. Same with Price, he hasn't gotten much thrown his way yet. We don't even have a definate starting QB named yet, and your so quick to write off our WR's. Lets get a QB named and gelling with the WR's before we write them off, so far it looks like JP, and the person who JP feels most comftorable with is Evans, even eric moulds didn't get too many passes last year from JP, so with that said, how can you fairly evaluate someone like Parrish (who had limited playing time last year) or peerless price, who hasn't even played a normal season game yet, let alone a full preseason game.) I just think its unfair to judge them untill we figure out the QB situation and then when thats sorted and the season starts, we can judge them based on performance, not opinion. As for Josh Reed, i've always thought he was horrible and should be cut.

I am not suggesting that our WR are not talented, I think we overrate them. And yes Roscoe could turn out to be something special, however what Buffalo really needs right now is a WR with the size to catch short passes in order to move the chains. I am still hopeful that DJ doesn't pick price or reed to go opposite of Evans. Ideal, for me, would be Aiken and Evans, with Parrish/reed at slot. and Price, while we gave him far too much money, shouldn't see the field unless he improves in the 2nd half of preseason. 3rd and long Parrish in the slot, 3rd and shot reed. Also Wilson should take Aiken's spot on special teams and be our 5th WR.

so after two preseason games, I would have Aiken, Evans, Reed, Rarrish, Wilson, and if we were to keep a 6th maybe Price or davis.

I really think our weakest position is still WR, some may argue that it is in fact the Offensive line, however I feel the line hasn't reached it's potential.  Many of of our WR have.

Evans is good, and would be an ideal 2nd WR, but lacks height.  we can only go deep so many times a game.  he is not a chain mover he is a big play WR.

Parrish is as smallest WR in the NFL, comparing him to san Moss is just stupid.  moss gets thru jams. and is much stronger.  Parrish is a good PR, and that's it.

Reed-no WR has disappointed me more in the last ten years.  he should be our 3rd down back, give him his old number.

Aiken-lets us hope that Aiken turns into something this year, he is our tallest WR.  However he lacks speed.  But he does run good routes, if given time.  I would make him the number two at this point, however starting him mean we lose one of our best STers.

I am really hoping that there are some surprise releases before the beginning of the season.  I don't think the line can always be blamed for the sacks, think how difficult it would be to look over 6'4"+ men, when you are 6'2" and trying to find WR that are all under 6' (not including aiken) while DBs are getting bigger.  I would trade a 3rd round for Lelie or wait for a release like Rogers (det).  at the very least they have the height to be seen, when not injured

747196[/snapback]

Steve Smith and Santana Moss or even Marvin harrison lack height and I would say they're fairly adequate #1 WR's

I would have to disagree, we don't know what roscoe parrish has because he hasn't seen enough time or balls thrown his way to truly be evaluated, but i've liked what we've seen from him so far. Same with Price, he hasn't gotten much thrown his way yet. We don't even have a definate starting QB named yet, and your so quick to write off our WR's. Lets get a QB named and gelling with the WR's before we write them off, so far it looks like JP, and the person who JP feels most comftorable with is Evans, even eric moulds didn't get too many passes last year from JP, so with that said, how can you fairly evaluate someone like Parrish (who had limited playing time last year) or peerless price, who hasn't even played a normal season game yet, let alone a full preseason game.) I just think its unfair to judge them untill we figure out the QB situation and then when thats sorted and the season starts, we can judge them based on performance, not opinion. As for Josh Reed, i've always thought he was horrible and should be cut.

747600[/snapback]

The WR slot is one of the most crowded on the roster. There are not a lot of reps to go around and even fewer game opportunities to make an impact. It is hard to see what these guys can do in the preseason.

I totally agree on Roscoe. Most WR's don't really "get it" until their third year. Roscoe is already a year behind that schedule due to injury. We just don't know what we have there.

I think Denney is going to be a hard guy to cut but Davis and Price have the experience and reputation to stay on the roster. Aiken has had his best preseason from what I remember.

We might not have the best WR corps in the league but what we miss in marquee talent, we will make up for with depth. On top of that, there is a chance that Roscoe could turn out to be pretty special and for that matter, so could Price he got back to being 1/2 the WR he once was.