It's time for a new Steely Dan thread!

The Dean

It's been far too long...days, maybe weeks, since we've discussed Walter and Donald. :P

Anyway, if you haven't seen and heard it yet, you MUST watch the DVD, Two Against Nature (Plush TV Jazz Rock Party). The music is smoking hot, the sound is great and the interviews and such are very funny and typically Steely-twisted.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to finally see it. I'm SO embarrased. I did a bittorrent download and now I'm a very happy Dean.

Seriously, go watch this now.

They are playing the Tweeter Barn in Camden, NJ across the river from Philly tomorrow night!

I shall be in the Harry Grove Baseball Stadium in Frederick, MD seeing Bob Dylan instead, simultaneously recording The Mantasia Story on Lifetime for later comedic entertainment.

YAH MO NO BE THERE. :P

They are playing the Tweeter Barn in Camden, NJ across the river from Philly tomorrow night!

I shall be in the Harry Grove Baseball Stadium in Frederick, MD seeing Bob Dylan instead, simultaneously recording The Mantasia Story on Lifetime for later comedic entertainment.

YAH MO NO BE THERE. :(

746808[/snapback]

I'm quite certain Dylan will be great. Can't say the same about Mantasia. :P

The Dan/McDonald tour is actually very good. Mike has a good band and is better than expected, IMO. While the Dan may be doing a "greatest hits" setlist, they are REALLY smoking on this tour. Playing their asses off!

I'm quite certain  Dylan will be great.  Can't say the same about Mantasia.  :(

The Dan/McDonald tour is actually very good.  Mike has a good band and is better than expected, IMO.  While the Dan may be doing a "greatest hits" setlist, they are REALLY smoking on this tour.  Playing their asses off!

746848[/snapback]

That's good to hear... have NOT seen any of this tour pop up on Dime yet, WTF? :P

Dallas 2006-07-12 is up though on Trader's Den.

I have the Classic Albums-Making of Aja DVD. great behind the scenes interviews with Don and Walter, Mike McD, and other musicians that chipped in to make this recording a legend.

I have the Classic Albums-Making of Aja DVD. great behind the scenes interviews with Don and Walter, Mike McD, and other musicians that chipped in to make this recording a legend.

747466[/snapback]

That's real good, too. But, the Two Against Nature DVD is better, IMO. They play some songs from Aja on this DVD. Here's the song list:]

* Green Earrings

* Cousin Dupree

* Bad Sneakers

* Janie Runaway

* Josie

* FM

* Gaslighting Abbie

* Black Friday

* Babylon Sisters

* Kid Charlemagne

* Jack of Speed

* Peg

* What a Shame About Me

* Pretzel Logic

It's a live concert (with bizarre interviews and such sprinkled throughout), but it's at the Sony studios in NYC. It's really sweet. Some people will rag on it because of all the strange camera angles and some won't find the interstitial stuff as humorous as I, no doubt.

Here's a blurb:

http://www.steelydan.com/2vnplush.html