So I was listening to ESPN radio Friday and

Ok, so I was driving home to my cousin's house while listening to "the professor" John Clayton and Sean Salibury, on "The Huddle", talking about the our new commissioner and what things he can do to make the league better. Well during their conversation Clayton started mentioning the Chargers and their stadium issue. He then went on to talk about how their needs to be a football team back in LA. So as they were discussing this topic, Sean said that their were 3 teams that are likely to move out of thier city and move to LA. They were the Chargers, Bills and Jaguars. Anyway John said that he said the most likely candidates to be moving to LA were the Bills and Jags. He said that this mainly has to do with the fact that they are small market teams that could find themselves with financing problems soon. Sean then said something like, "The Bills are one of those teams that unless they make a run for the playoffs soon or unless get some big time players in that organization they could be finding themsleves in another city." That's the closest thing that I can remember of what Sean said.

After hearing this, I couldn't believe it. I don't believe a word out of what Sean or Clayton said.

What do you think?

Yeah...this is what we need after a preseason freak out. Another "Bills are gonna move" post.

Here is the thing, we've heard about the potential of the Bills possibly moving for a loooooooooong time and yet...here they are. The talking heads at ESPN are just kicking a team when they are down, a few years ago Minnesota was the most likely team to move. Then it was New Orleans. Now its the Bills or Chargers or Jags.

Why is a near-term playoff run needed to save the Bills for Buffalo? ;)

The Bills could move to LA, Oklahoma City, or Kabul without selling any more tickets, and be just as (and no more) profitable under NFL revenue sharing.

I didn't think the Bills would move...until the new CBA was signed.  Suffice it to say that it does NOT help the Bills' long-term chances to remain in Buffalo after Ralph dies.

742517[/snapback]

Once he passes, we all need to get on our knees and pray the Bills stay.

Once he passes, we all need to get on our knees and pray the Bills stay.

Exactly. With the salary cap being tied to total revenues but only a portion of total revenues being shared, not to mention lower-revenue clubs needing to receive a handout from the richer clubs, I have a hard time believing that someone will plunk down the $700+M to buy the club and make a mid-$10'sM profit a year. Unless they pay close to the minimum in player salaries and/or jack-up ticket and gameday prices.

Most likely? Probably not.

On the short list...probably.

I would have to say New Orleans is more likely to move. Jacksonville another possiibility. And the natural fit, San Diego. And dont rule out expansion. A team in Los Angeles and Las Vegas (or somewhere else) might be the most appitizing option.

Best situation, get a team in LA while ralph is around to fight.

You don't really think Clayton or, God forbid, Salisbury, have any insight into this situation, do you?

It's called filling airtime.

742531[/snapback]

They don't have any insight into anything...at all. Period. They are two of the worst so called "experts" that I have ever seen/heard. It's amazing that they continue to be employed...but, then again, look at their employer. 'Nuff said.