REPEAT AFTER ME

Art in PNS

Hey I know it is preseason but damn !!!!!!! I think we had 1 first down in the first quarter and just where in hell did the Tight ends go ????????????????

742033[/snapback]

Ummm, I don't think we had any. ;)

The only obvious conclusion one can make from that is....JP wasn't in at QB in the first quarter. :D

Go JP!!!!

Doom and gloomers who don't seem to understand the struggles of a team with new coaches, systems, and many new players are going to struggle on the road, in their first preseason game, against one of the favorites to go to the Super Bowl...

SUCK.

742148[/snapback]

There is a huge difference between struggle and not being able to compete on any level. <_<

It is only game one of preseason. That said you at least wanted to see the team competing. I didn't expect the Bills to win or light up the Panthers defense. But I also didn't expect the Bills to look like a division II college team. On their first drive the Panthers looked like they were going through a walkthrough. The Bills defense didn't even attempt to put up a fight. ;)

Not a good start for the 'Jurassic Age' of Bills football. :D

There is a huge difference between struggle and not being able to compete on any level. :ph34r: 

No doom and gloom there. :D

It is only game one of preseason. That said you at least wanted to see the team competing. I didn't expect the Bills to win or light up the Panthers defense. But I also didn't expect the Bills to look like a division II college team. On their first drive the Panthers looked like they were going through a walkthrough. The Bills defense didn't even attempt to put up a fight.  <_<

So? No gameplan, against a veteran team. Big shock considering we're playing a new system, don't have TKO, are incorporating new starters in the secondary, DLine, and linebacking crew. I wish I could figure out why we didn't look like the Steel Curtain.

Not a good start for the 'Jurassic Age' of Bills football.  ;)

742156[/snapback]

You mean if we had gone down there and blown them out it would have mattered somehow? It's preseason and as a gauge of overall long term success, it means NOTHING.

There are literally as many examples a person could want on how little preseason performances matter. Don't let that stop you and the rest from losing your minds, though.

You mean if we had gone down there and blown them out it would have mattered somehow?  It's preseason and as a gauge of overall long term success, it means NOTHING.

There are literally as many examples a person could want on how little preseason performances matter.  Don't let that stop you and the rest from losing your minds, though.

742175[/snapback]

Exactly.

For those of you who can't think of any examples, let me help you out. Ditka just takes over the Saints. He gets Heath Shuler. They rip through the preseason. Regular season? They were terrible. Time to move along folks.

This preseason/season is going to be a work in progress due to all the changes that have taken place in the offseason.

No doom and gloom there.  :D

So?  No gameplan, against a veteran team.  Big shock considering we're playing a new system, don't have TKO, are incorporating new starters in the secondary, DLine, and linebacking crew.  I wish I could figure out why we didn't look like the Steel Curtain.

You mean if we had gone down there and blown them out it would have mattered somehow?  It's preseason and as a gauge of overall long term success, it means NOTHING.

There are literally as many examples a person could want on how little preseason performances matter.  Don't let that stop you and the rest from losing your minds, though.

742175[/snapback]

The fun thing about reading posts is how some people try to use extreme examples to make their points.

For example. Expecting the Bills to be able to stop one play on a drive somehow means they are expected to be the 'Steel Curtain". Which makes no sense.

Then there is the "whole preseason doesn't matter" thing. How many posters have brought up the '90 Bills. "They never won preseason games". So let's ignore that they where an established team. Preseason doesn't matter for established teams. For those teams the preseason is about conditioning and fine tuning. For teams like the Bills who are starting the process from sctratch it's about a lot more. It's about building the culture of winning and success. It's about proving as individuals and as a collective that they belong. The Bills are a team of questions. You would hope as a fan that during each preseason game that some of the questions get answered. I would doubt that the coaching staff knows anything more about any of the players based on last nights performance.

I did like the whole "doom and gloom" thing you posted. I expected the next line to be that I "don't support the troops" or something lame like that. For a second I thought you were Condi or Rummy tring to deflect critisim by attacking the media. ;)

I didn't see or listen to the game so all I have to go by is reports(thanks all) & stats. I think perhaps the first Panthers drive psychologically stuck in the mind of the fans(Bills) who saw it because the rest of the defensive game seemed really quite alright. Surely the fact it was 'the first' drive the new Defense played should get them some slack.

I've copied below what I wrote in another thread....because it looks nice.

I know it's only the first pre season game....& Defense gells quicker than Offense.....& we were playing against second & third stringers etc but....

When you look at the Carolina Drive charts, it is certainly a possitive.

Touchdown

Punt <_<

Punt :ph34r:

Punt :D

Punt :)

Fumble :D

Fumble ;)