REPEAT AFTER ME

Art in PNS

The fun thing about reading posts is how some people try to use extreme examples to make their points.

You would hope as a fan that during each preseason game that some of the questions get answered. I would doubt that the coaching staff knows anything more about any of the players based on last nights performance.

742191[/snapback]

Is that an example of an extreme example?

Is that an example of an extreme example?

742251[/snapback]

No. That's called an opinion.

This is an example. "So the 49'ers are going to be one of the top teams, since they beat the Bears' 1st stringers?"

To answer the question from MadBuffaloDisease.

I would need to know a lot more about the 49'ers to have an opinion on them. Maybe if you can explain how what happens with the 49ers has anything to do with the Bills I would be willing to listen and would be willing to rethink my opinon of the Bills.

Again, losing one preseason game doesn't eliminate the Bills from the playoffs. But adding together the entire offseason then add a horrible performance against a superior team? It doesn't foster great hope and positivity. :D

The fun thing about reading posts is how some people try to use extreme examples to make their points.

For example. Expecting the Bills to be able to stop one play on a drive somehow means they are expected to be the 'Steel Curtain". Which makes no sense.

It was in response to the ever brilliant "not being able to compete on any level", based on the first drive of the preseason?

Then there is the "whole preseason doesn't matter" thing. How many posters have brought up the '90 Bills. "They never won preseason games". So let's ignore that they where an established team. Preseason doesn't matter for established teams. For those teams the preseason is about conditioning and fine tuning. For teams like the Bills who are starting the process from sctratch it's about a lot more. It's about building the culture of winning and success.

Give me 5 examples of teams not expected to do anything, who had hugely successful preseasons and then went on to great seasons. I can't wait.

It's about proving as individuals and as a collective that they belong. The Bills are a team of questions. You would hope as a fan that during each preseason game that some of the questions get answered. I would doubt that the coaching staff knows anything more about any of the players based on last nights performance.

Ridiculous.

I did like the whole "doom and gloom" thing you posted. I expected the next line to be that I "don't support the troops" or something lame like that. For a second I thought you were Condi or Rummy tring to deflect critisim by attacking the media. :D

742191[/snapback]

Yeah, that's a valid comparison because I'm not throwing myself in front of the bus over a game I expected us perform poorly in. Every sign pointed to it, and it happened. Whoopie.

It was in response to the ever brilliant "not being able to compete on any level", based on the first drive of the preseason?

"First drive"? The Bills didn't have a first down until the second quarter?

Give me 5 examples of teams not expected to do anything, who had hugely successful preseasons and then went on to great seasons.  I can't wait.

Ridiculous.

"hugely successful"? again you are trying to get away from point. You are comparing not being able to compete to being "hugely successful". The Bills are miles away from being "hugely successful". Before you get there you need to be able to compete on a n NFL level. The preseason is about taking steps. Last night was a chance to take a step forward and they took one back.

Yeah, that's a valid comparison because I'm not throwing myself in front of the bus over a game I expected us perform poorly in.  Every sign pointed to it, and it happened.  Whoopie.

742280[/snapback]

Valid and dead on.

I understand why so many others and yourself resort to tagging opinions that don't put the Bills in a posistive light as "doom and gloom". It's becuase you have nothing else to fall back on. You can't argue against where the Bills are as a franchise. They're in yet another "rebuilding year" with a token at GM and no quarterback. If you feel different it would be nice to hear why you think so. Instead of the standard " doom and gloom" tag. ;)

Springfield Isotopes

this is funny, I actually read in another post that someone was upset that McGee was not returning KO's. The thought of someone not understanding this is extremely hilarious to me.

We're 0-0 and we're already doomed. you guys crack me up!

;)

Springfield Isotopes

this is funny, I actually read in another post that someone was upset that McGee was not returning KO's. The thought of someone not understanding this is extremely hilarious to me.

We're 0-0 and we're already doomed. you guys crack me up!

:)

742463[/snapback]

Dude! Having a corpse as an avatar is not cool. ;)