Cap Update 8/9

You are correct in that they won't have to, but a case could be made that they were never forced to draft first round dbs.  Levy seemed so hell-bent on taking Whitner at #8 that he spurned generous offers to trade down.

That statement ignores reports that several teams directly below Buffalo would have grabbed Whitner if the Bills traded down. I'd also like to know the details of these "generous" offers Levy spurned.

If we lose Nate, it would be nuts to think that Marv will not continue allocate huge resources to replace him. History tells us that this is what he does.

I think Marv's history is that he looks to replace departed starters if there is not a viable replacement already on the roster. Nothing more.

I guess where we differ is in our opinions on how to build a winning football team.

Bill, I don't believe I've ever offered an opinion on how to build a winning football team, so I don't know how you'd make that assessment. Where I "differ" is in how I get tired of reading the same thing, day after day, from certain posters -- even if their statements are well reasoned. This is true whether or not I agree with those same statements. I also don't "blindly" support the decisions of management, but I'm willing to wait and see rather than blast them prematurely.

Since RJ, the Bills have used up a 1st (9th pick), a 4th, another 1st (Bledsoe, only to let him go for no compensation AND a cap hit), and yet another 1st, 2nd, and a 5th (for JP, who has shown next to nothing). Almost all of the rest of the early picks were spent on defensive backs and small receivers, and the team continues to lose. Marv came back and not only continued this losing tradition; he accelerated it, and gave away yet another pick while doing so.

Bill, every time you go down this road, you oversimplify the facts to "support" your distaste for how Buffalo has run its' drafts. I'm not saying I agree with every pick that has been made, but at the time they were made seemingly logical arguments could be offered to support the selections. A pick I'm sure you were thrilled with -- Mike Williams -- really didn't turn out so well.

Again, all we can do is hope that we stay healthy and are somehow on the road to playing winning football.

740553[/snapback]

I agree completely. I think Jauron and Levy have a plan, and while that plan did not include drafting the players you prefer, we owe them an opportunity to show us the product before lambasting their decisions.

That statement ignores reports that several teams directly below Buffalo would have grabbed Whitner if the Bills traded down.  I'd also like to know the details of these "generous" offers Levy spurned.

I think Marv's history is that he looks to replace departed starters if there is not a viable replacement already on the roster.  Nothing more.

Bill, I don't believe I've ever offered an opinion on how to build a winning football team, so I don't know how you'd make that assessment.  Where I "differ" is in how I get tired of reading the same thing, day after day, from certain posters -- even if their statements are well reasoned.  This is true whether or not I agree with those same statements.  I also don't "blindly" support the decisions of management, but I'm willing to wait and see rather than blast them prematurely.

Bill, every time you go down this road, you oversimplify the facts to "support" your distaste for how Buffalo has run its' drafts.  I'm not saying I agree with every pick that has been made, but at the time they were made seemingly logical arguments could be offered to support the selections.  A pick I'm sure you were thrilled with -- Mike Williams -- really didn't turn out so well.

I agree completely.  I think Jauron and Levy have a plan, and while that plan did not include drafting the players you prefer, we owe them an opportunity to show us the product before lambasting their decisions.

740555[/snapback]

Yeah... and the smart move was to wait until after the season was over to re-sign him.

Denney showed me more last year than Kelsay has in all 3 years combined in. Right now, I think Denney's got some game, and Kelsay is a BUST... time for CK to finally step up.

740180[/snapback]

What??? Aren't you impressed with Kelsay's "High Motor"? :devil::D I seriously believe that you may see Denney starting by mid-season if Kelsay doesn't start to show some productivity. I'm not sure I believe what I just wrote. :D