Washington Post: Collins Is an Expert in His Field

CCLXXIX

Todd Collins was not a good starting NFL QB, and has been tested very little at the NFL level since 1997. There are lots of guys who fall into that category...you could argue, Alex Van Pelt was every bit as ineffective as a starter (I realize both men had their moments, as back-ups), but he was a damn fine as a back-up, and apparently, his prescence on the sidelines and in the locker-room was valuable...

All that being said, I would be curious to see how Collins were to do as a starter, given a second opportunity...I bet, at least short term, he would be pretty successful. If the Redskins have any legit opportunity to make the playoffs, and Brunell should go down (which he has a history of) I think Todd will get that chance...

While he was the QB here, did he get much coaching besides "go out there and play like Jimbo?"

I seem to recall that they had no QB coach at the time, and the OC was a "booth guy," leaving no one on the bench for the young QB to talk to when he came off the field....

Actually I think this is pretty neat. Sure the guy sucked when he was with the BB but apparently he's quite endurant and has a whole lot of smarts.

I always like to see smart players like him go into coaching. I think that it's looking that way.

Actually I think this is pretty neat.  Sure the guy sucked when he was with the BB but apparently he's quite endurant and has a whole lot of smarts.

I always like to see smart players like him go into coaching.  I think that it's looking that way.

737449[/snapback]

what's he going to coach..... how to old a clipboard and throw interceptions?? yeah i really want todd collins as my coach :)