One guy to watch in tonights first preseason game

I saw this guy in person last year against my Missouri Tigers and he lit us up for 11 catches 210 yards and 3 TDs. He was undrafted free agent and he's already getting a lot of snaps with the Eagles' first team offense. I really liked the signing of Nance but IMHO Baskett has a chance of really being a star and would have loved if we had picked him up in the 6th or 7th.

I saw this guy in person last year against my Missouri Tigers and he lit us up for 11 catches 210 yards and 3 TDs.  He was undrafted free agent and he's already getting a lot of snaps with the Eagles' first team offense.  I really liked the signing of Nance but IMHO Baskett has a chance of really being a star and would have loved if we had picked him up in the 6th or 7th.

736960[/snapback]

Even odder....he was an USFA of Minnesota and TRADED to the Eagles before even attending a practice....Philly must have run out of picks......

He ran a shallow crossing route for a catch from Donovan McNabb in the TD drive to open the game. Another perfect example that scouting is a totally inexact science!!

737106[/snapback]

With the rule changes the past several years helping the pass game and seemingly bringing more complicated pass schemes, it seems that clubs have retained more overall receiver talent on their existing rosters. A player like Aiken, with familarity with his team, has a leg up.

So a good collegiate WR like Baskett can end up undrafted.

Just a thought.

Nice hands.

737000[/snapback]

The one catch he had, a simple in route, he "baskett" caught. The kid has NO HANDS. That is WHY he went undrafted and was quickly cut by his first team. The kid doesn't adjust to the ball and doesn't catch the ball with his hands. He needs a perfect throw not to bounce off his chest...

The one catch he had, a simple in route, he "baskett" caught.  The kid has NO HANDS.  That is WHY he went undrafted and was quickly cut by his first team.  The kid doesn't adjust to the ball and doesn't catch the ball with his hands.  He needs a perfect throw not to bounce off his chest...

737218[/snapback]

Uh, he was only thrown to one time, and he caught the ball. And he wasn't cut from any team, rather the Eagles gave up something to get him from the Vikings. I don't think that an undrafted FA would be starting on the Eagles if he had terrible hands.

Hank Baskett

Position: Wide Receiver

School: New Mexico

Height: 6-3

Weight: 220

40-Yard Dash: 4.55 (EST)

Positives:

Hank Baskett is a very solid prospect who gives you a big target all over the field. He has a great complement of size and strength. Has great leaping ability demonstrated by the fact that he was the 2004 Mountain West Conference outdoor high jump champion. He can go up and grab any ball thrown his way, and will be a favorite target of some quarterback in this league with his athleticism and knowledge of the passing game.

Negatives:

Hank is not going to burn any decent cornerback with his average speed. You also will have to worry about a major spinal cord injury that caused him to miss half of his redshirt freshman season and if it will affect him in the future. He does not have as many touchdowns as you would like to see from a big time wide receiver but that may result from a lot of double coverage and the system in which he plays.

Overview:

A definite first-round pick, Hank Baskett is a character guy who loves football. He does not play in a BCS conference and is flying under the radar, but has a lot of potential to become a big weapon at the next level. He will work hard and accept his role in playing team football.

Baskett would not have been at the top of the wide receiver prospects last year and needed all four years of college to become a polished wideout. Either San Diego or Dallas would be an outstanding fit for Hank if he drops that far.

The one catch he had, a simple in route, he "baskett" caught.  The kid has NO HANDS.  That is WHY he went undrafted and was quickly cut by his first team.  The kid doesn't adjust to the ball and doesn't catch the ball with his hands.  He needs a perfect throw not to bounce off his chest...

737218[/snapback]

Ahhhh, i see the problem with Baskett now, hes 6'4". And tall WRs suck. :)

Ahhhh, i see the problem with Baskett now, hes 6'4". And tall WRs suck.  ;)

737710[/snapback]

He and Nance were the two "tall" WRs the entire NFL watched for the full Senior Bowl week and decided were not worth Draft picks. Aren't you the moronic PARROT who always BAWKS "coach or FO knows best?" Well, then, all 32 teams must have really been asleep for a week in Mobile - LOL...

Yes, Baskett was "traded" for a player who was expected to be cut. Had Baskett not been traded, he would have been cut. The Vikings quickly saw the obvious truth of the Senior Bowl practices and the NM game film - the kid has absolutely TERRIBLE ball skills, worse than Nance. Nance will catch it with his hands if the throw is on target. Baskett won't, because he knows his hands are unreliable and less reliable than his "baskett."

When you graduate from third grade and get some understanding that height is not the only measure of a WR, let us know...

He and Nance were the two "tall" WRs the entire NFL watched for the full Senior Bowl week and decided were not worth Draft picks.  Aren't you the moronic PARROT who always BAWKS "coach or FO knows best?"  Well, then, all 32 teams must have really been asleep for a week in Mobile - LOL...

Yes, Baskett was "traded" for a player who was expected to be cut.  Had Baskett not been traded, he would have been cut.  The Vikings quickly saw the obvious truth of the Senior Bowl practices and the NM game film - the kid has absolutely TERRIBLE ball skills, worse than Nance.  Nance will catch it with his hands if the throw is on target.  Baskett won't, because he knows his hands are unreliable and less reliable than his "baskett."

When you graduate from third grade and get some understanding that height is not the only measure of a WR, let us know...

738158[/snapback]

Nowhere did i ever say Baskett would be any good. I merely stated the LaDaris theorem regarding WRs of Tall = suck.

And i am not going to even get into an arguement with you like a bunch fo people did a month ago. You got your ass spanked like the little schoolgirl you are, and now appear to be coming back for more.