My Gut tells me...

..Willis will have a BIG year. With the new offense and his reduced weight, I think we'll see the Miami Hurricane Willis.

Oh, and there's that contract thing, too.

BRING IT ON, WILLIS!

736749[/snapback]

I agree. Unfortunately probably his last in buffalo. Hopefully we have something in gates.

Didn't people say they expected 2000 yards before last season?

736762[/snapback]

It's a yearly thing; don't let it get to you, Fez. Some folks actually practice something called optimism at this time of year. Crazy, I know.

It's a yearly thing; don't let it get to you, Fez.  Some folks actually practice something called optimism at this time of year.  Crazy, I know.

736773[/snapback]

I'm just trying to figure out how anyone could rush for a decent amount of yards behind our OL... Oh, it's the whole "addition by subtraction" thing, which I don't buy into.

I hope I'm wrong. :D

I'm just trying to figure out how anyone could rush for a decent amount of yards behind our OL...  Oh, it's the whole "addition by subtraction" thing, which I don't buy into.

I hope I'm wrong. :D

736779[/snapback]

What's not to get? You eliminate three poor performers (Bennie, Teague, Fat Mike) and replace them with three "on paper" upgrades (Reyes, Fowler, Peters). You also hope that either a healthy Villareal or Duke Preston step in to improve the play at RG.

It's not addition by subtraction at all -- it's called upgrading.

What I "don't get" is how people can think that a 60%-changed OL won't perform differently than what we witnessed last year.

Oh wait -- I know. It's because we didn't go out and sign Hutch and LeCharles Bentley. That would have solved everything.

Man, this gets old. I really wish all of the "we suck, we can't win, we didn't make any good moves, there's no reason for hope" ninnies would find something else to occupy their time. I'm a broken record, I realize, but this is supposed to be FUN, people.

What's not to get?  You eliminate three poor performers (Bennie, Teague, Fat Mike) and replace them with three "on paper" upgrades (Reyes, Fowler, Peters).  You also hope that either a healthy Villareal or Duke Preston step in to improve the play at RG.

It's not addition by subtraction at all -- it's called upgrading.

What I "don't get" is how people can think that a 60%-changed OL won't perform differently than what we witnessed last year.

Oh wait -- I know.  It's because we didn't go out and sign Hutch and LeCharles Bentley.  That would have solved everything.

Man, this gets old.  I really wish all of the "we suck, we can't win, we didn't make any good moves, there's no reason for hope" ninnies would find something else to occupy their time.  I'm a broken record, I realize, but this is supposed to be FUN, people.

736789[/snapback]

You have to admit that we haven't even won a game yet this year. That's just a fact, no wins yet. At least last year they won some games. :D

What's not to get?  You eliminate three poor performers (Bennie, Teague, Fat Mike) and replace them with three "on paper" upgrades (Reyes, Fowler, Peters).  You also hope that either a healthy Villareal or Duke Preston step in to improve the play at RG.

All I can say is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

And remember, Williams didn't play all that much last year -- Peters replaced him, and we still sucked. I think that Teague will be missed more than people are expecting here -- I just don't know that Reyes and Fowler will really be upgrades.

Time will tell.

And if you go back through my posts, I'm one of the most optimistic people here - just not about the OL :D

CW

Well i'm having a great time following this team THIS year. I, as my esteemed collegue eball, see a direction that the rest of you will have to catch onto at a later date. Try to NOT tip the bandwagon when you jump aboard! Your participation WILL BE greatly appreciated though!!!

Everyone's guts were predicting a big year from McGahee last year as well, and he plodded his way to a sub-4ypc season.

736851[/snapback]

Uhh...Again, He will be in a more creative offense (at least time will tell). As we all know, he was unhappy with last year's offense as was everyone else.

He's back to his playing weight from his college days. I believe we will see the McGahee explosiveness that he was drafted for with this weight reduction. And believe it or not, the knee is now legitimately 100% healed. It takes 2 full years.

And as I said, he's playing for a new contract.

I'm cynical by nature, call me crazy, but I think the Bills will be playing the Pats for the division. Pats have come back to the pack. I smell nine to ten wins for us. I don't believe all that media shi$ about us sucking, and the Dolphins as a real contender. I don't see what they have that we don't. Their OL sucks too.

Everyone's guts were predicting a big year from McGahee last year as well, and he plodded his way to a sub-4ypc season.

736851[/snapback]

Nice try, troll. Why come here with your BS? The cycle is happening, you Boston, oops, I'm sorry New England Patriots, (so much for a specific area,, might as well cover 9 states.) have had your glory. the tumbling will start this year. Good stuff.

And as I said, he's playing for a new contract.

I thought he signed a 5-year rookie deal, which would mean he'll be playing for a new contract in '07.

call me crazy, but I think the Bills will be playing the Pats for the division.

:D

Okay, you're crazy. Call me realistic, but I think the Bills will be playing the Jets for the right to not be in the cellar.

I smell nine to ten wins for us.

Might I suggest that you have your olfactory organs looked at?

I don't see what [the Dolphins] have that we don't.

A trip to the optometrist might also be in order.