How do you reach for a safety

I wonder why Nick Saban didn't address these blatant SERIOUS needs.....how does he expect the defensive tackle position to hold up with only Keith Traylor and Vonnie Holiday? And what does he expect? His O-Line to allow his starting RB's to average 4.5 y/p/c again? And what makes him think his O-Line will again be in the top 5 of sacks allowed?  What is he smokin' to think Chris Chambers and Marty Booker are acceptable starting wideouts?  With only Kelly Campbell, Wes Welker and 3rd round pick Derek Hagan competing for the 3rd wide receiver slot?

737652[/snapback]

Keith Traylor and Vonnie Holliday are has-beens. Their meter was up a long time ago. You have no linebackers except for the Miami version of Tedy Bruschi...what'shisname.. the one married to Jason Taylor's sister. I won't even get into defensive backs. You do have an exceptional coach in Capers (that does scare me a bit).

On Offense, the QB position is nothing to brag about..you have a one-kneed me-first fumblitis QB, a good RB (who doesn't), one good WR, and a solid TE to go along with your mediocre offensive line. Although your offense is stronger than your defense on paper, your new Offensive coordinator is laughable and will bring them to the level of your defense.

You have a good coach, can't deny it...probably good for two wins just himself.

Your team overachieved last year, got some breaks beating the bills (see your new offensive coordinator), and the Pats who were undermanned and didn't care.

I don't understand why the media thinks this team has a lot of talent. They are an average team and will have an average record in third place behind the Bills as they will come back to Earth this year with the harder schedule.

That is my biased and subjective opinion.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why Nick Saban didn't address these blatant SERIOUS needs.....how does he expect the defensive tackle position to hold up with only Keith Traylor and Vonnie Holiday?

737652[/snapback]

Good question, which is probably why he is trying to talk Dan Wilkinson out of retirement.

And what does he expect? His O-Line to allow his starting RB's to average 4.5 y/p/c again? And what makes him think his O-Line will again be in the top 5 of sacks allowed?

Good point, I'm sure he signed Bennie Anderson, LJ Shelton and Seth McKinney - all who were booed out of their previous full-time positions - just for depth and not to actually start...

What is he smokin' to think Chris Chambers and Marty Booker are acceptable starting wideouts?  With only Kelly Campbell, Wes Welker and 3rd round pick Derek Hagan competing for the 3rd wide receiver slot?

737652[/snapback]

Agreed, especially since he's now running a short-passing offense that requires receivers to be lightning-quick out of their breaks. They don't have a single player on their roster who fits that category. Booker, Campbell, Welker and Hagan is a HILARIOUS roster of no-names. But keep patting yourself on the back, bud.

Good question, which is probably why he is trying to talk Dan Wilkinson out of retirement.

Good point, I'm sure he signed Bennie Anderson, LJ Shelton and Seth McKinney - all who were booed out of their previous full-time positions - just for depth and not to actually start...

Agreed, especially since he's now running a short-passing offense that requires receivers to be lightning-quick out of their breaks.  They don't have a single player on their roster who fits that category.  Booker, Campbell, Welker and Hagan is a HILARIOUS roster of no-names.  But keep patting yourself on the back, bud.

737790[/snapback]

Short passing offense? Short as in Losman short? Or the actual distance the ball is going thru the air? I was mislead all off season.....all these reports coming out of Miami about the Fins keeping that Linehan style of offense intact? Without looking it up, I think they were in the top 5 of passes thrown for over 20 yards......btw, that lightning-quick break thingy, I think that applies not just on short pass routes.....being lightning-quick out of your break even 20 yards down the field prolly puts the DB at a big disasdvantage.

Did this reach safety sign? For 6 years?

Dolphins receivers = HILARIOUS

Bills receivers = ?

Short passing offense?  Short as in Losman short? Or the actual distance the ball is going thru the air?  I was mislead all off season.....all these reports coming out of Miami about the Fins keeping that Linehan style of offense intact?  Without looking it up, I think they were in the top 5 of passes thrown for over 20 yards......btw, that lightning-quick break thingy, I think that applies not just on short pass routes.....being lightning-quick out of your break even 20 yards down the field prolly puts the DB at a big disasdvantage.

Did this reach safety sign?  For 6 years?

Dolphins receivers = HILARIOUS

Bills receivers =  ?

737895[/snapback]

You know what, you're right. Why am I even engaging you? You have Mike Mularkey calling the plays and Bennie Anderson on your o-line, it's gonna work out really well dude. I'm excited for you.

Actually, the "abberation" against the Steelers back ups was more like a f*cking disaster that proved to many, including the Bills organization apparently, that the team  was not going anywhere and that the QB had to be replaced even if it meant taking steps backward.   A drastic move for a team built around aging veterans, but it was clear that they had gotten fat off of a succession of teams that were horrible and/or running for the bus and that  they still had zero mental toughness and heart.  They then wrecked half of the foundation of their pansy pounding defense by letting Pat Williams go and not replacing him.

By contrast, the Fish finished their season by beating the playoff bound Patriots in Foxboro and then added a QB who threw 39 TD passes two years ago.

736772[/snapback]

Let me get this straight: The Bills winning streak was against a bunch of teams running for the bus but the Dolphins winning streak was somehow different?

They beat the BILLS (a game we led by 3 TDs), Tennessee, Oakland, the Jets (4 of last season's worst teams), and a Patriots team that Tom Brady QB'd for one whole quarter and whose media spent the rest of the following week talking about third string QB DOUG FLUTIE'S drop kick. Three of the five wins were by a total of FIVE points. The only win in the entire bunch that was over a team playing for something was against SD, who looked past the Fish because their last two games were against KC and Denver.

I wholeheartedly agree that the team Drew QB'd his final season in Buffalo was a charade and the defense was a paper tiger, but I'm nowhere near ready to pretend Miami has moved into a serious contender role, especially basing it on what happened at the end of last season. I'll be surprised if they sneak into the playoffs.

You know what, you're right.  Why am I even engaging you?  You have Mike Mularkey calling the plays and Bennie Anderson on your o-line, it's gonna work out really well dude.  I'm excited for you.

737905[/snapback]

That's more like it.....I'm glad you see the light now!

Was Mularkey any good "calling the plays" while in Pittsburgh? Is there a chance he may actually be better at calling plays if that is his only focus?

You know...kinda like Gregg Williams was an excellent D-Coordinator but couldn't hack it as a Buffalo Head Coach but now has proven himself in Washington as a very good defensive mind?

Nothing can ever change the Meathead decisions he made while wearing the red, white, blue, and nickel.....In fact I enjoyed the pressers very much! But, I can only hope that he can once again regain his touch as an upper eschelon play caller and game planner. Maybe leaving the game day decisions to Saban might help him.....

Mularkey will have a more than adequate supporting cast and is in a very good position to succeed...Hudson Houck, Dom Capers, Nick Saban.....many of you haters could be in for a surprise.

That's more like it.....I'm glad you see the light now!

Was Mularkey any good "calling the plays" while in Pittsburgh? Is there a chance he may actually be better at calling plays if that is his only focus?

You know...kinda like Gregg Williams was an excellent D-Coordinator but couldn't hack it as a Buffalo Head Coach but now has proven himself in Washington as a very good defensive mind?

Nothing can ever change the Meathead decisions he made while wearing the red, white, blue, and nickel.....In fact I enjoyed the pressers very much!  But, I can only hope that he can once again regain his touch as an upper eschelon play caller and game planner.  Maybe leaving the game day decisions to Saban might help him.....

Mularkey will have a more than adequate supporting cast and is in a very good position to succeed...Hudson Houck, Dom Capers, Nick Saban.....many of you haters could be in for a surprise.

738565[/snapback]

Ask Steeler fans about how many 'great' plays he called at OC there. They were clicking their heels when the self-proclaimed genius snatched him away.

Ask Steeler fans about how many 'great' plays he called at OC there.  They were clicking their heels when the self-proclaimed genius snatched him away.

738568[/snapback]

Without looking it up.....It's my opinion that the Stillers had a pretty good running attack and even Kordell Stewart looked like an NFL caliber QB during his tenure. I would assume they were good enough to make some playoff appearances as well....

Without looking it up.....It's my opinion that the Stillers had a pretty good running attack and even Kordell Stewart looked like an NFL caliber QB during his tenure.  I would assume they were good enough to make some playoff appearances as well....

738573[/snapback]

Yeah, well I have a brother in Pittsburgh who was in tune with the general sentiment and it was hasta la vista, baby.

Without looking it up.....It's my opinion that the Stillers had a pretty good running attack and even Kordell Stewart looked like an NFL caliber QB during his tenure.  I would assume they were good enough to make some playoff appearances as well....

738573[/snapback]

Did somebody dig up a post from a Bills' fan circa July 2004 and re-post it here?