Kliff Kingsbury should be the starting QB

Kingsbury was terrific in the Texas Tech let-it-all-hang-out system. He wound up throwing nearly sixty times a game his senior year. He's one of the reasons why the Red Raiders have turned into a damn good football program.

I would like for DJ to give him a chance, but I think Kingsbury's game might be better suited for the CFL. Maybe my Roughriders can give him a shot.

Mike

I disagree.

Marv should cut all of these bums now and work a deal with Tampa for Jay Fiedler.

736149[/snapback]

that sounds like a plan. Afterall he has played 10 games the past two seasons and better yet he has 8 touchdowns over that span. Oh and plus he will be 35 this year.

he's the only QB nobody on TSW ever b*tches about

JP is a bust

KH is a noodle arm

CN is hurt

736145[/snapback]

Actually, I did say that he was throwing dirt balls and receivers were diving for them or had NO chance to catch his passes the other day.

He did a great job lobbing skyballs to emulate a punter in return drills though!

Not that I am bitching.

:doh:

Or maybe Marv could snap up Cleo Lemon from My Yami. Hey, if he turned out to be a bust, his last name would make a perfect excuse.

Dr. Fishfinder

I disagree.

Marv should cut all of these bums now and work a deal with Tampa for Jay Fiedler.

736149[/snapback]

Kingsbury is something of a noodle arm himself. My assumption is that Losman, Holcomb, and Nall will be the Bills QBs this year. Ochs may make the PS and then displace Holcomb in 2007. That all changes if Holcomb is named starter. If that is the case, I think 2007 would be Losman's last year as a Bill. Buffalo would be drafting their next "QB of the future" in 2007 and probably match him up with a couple of veterans (Holcomb and Nall)

Can AVP coach AND be disaster QB?

:D

Kingsbury is something of a noodle arm himself.  My assumption is that Losman, Holcomb, and Nall will be the Bills QBs this year.  Ochs may make the PS and then displace Holcomb in 2007.  That all changes if Holcomb is named starter.  If that is the case, I think 2007 would be Losman's last year as a Bill.  Buffalo would be drafting their next "QB of the future" in 2007 and probably match him up with a couple of veterans (Holcomb and Nall)

736833[/snapback]

Kingsbury was terrific in the Texas Tech let-it-all-hang-out system.  He wound up throwing nearly sixty times a game his senior year.  He's one of the reasons why the Red Raiders have turned into a damn good football program.

I would like for DJ to give him a chance, but I think Kingsbury's game might be better suited for the CFL.  Maybe my Roughriders can give him a shot.

Mike

736153[/snapback]

Are you kidding. Kingsbury is getting more than a shot at:

1. Hanging around as a teammate of TKO and the boys and getting the chance to be a teammate with them, eat with them and play Madden 2006 with them.

2. Hr gets whatever paycheck he gets for playing a boys game and though the paycheck is small by NFL standards its huge by normal folks standards.

3. He is being required to throw passes with NFL speed and pace and some semblance of accuracy and along the lines of the playbook which a normal person cannot do. Though his skills are at grear college level they are far below pro level but he is being rewarded for those skills.

4. Even the per diem training camp guys get is more than the normal person gets and he still gets all the training meals he wants in addition to the per diem.

5. He does not have to pay for a drink or a meal anyway because folks in the St. John's Fisher area would love to be able to tell their friends for a few weeks and years how they took an NFL camp player out for a drink or a meal. Whether they talk to him again or not they will be posting on TSW their own opinions with talk for years about their connections to anonymous folks who are connected with the team.

6. They get something to put on their resume that they were on an NFL camp roster when they apply for coaching jobs at the college or high school level.

7. They build contacts for entree into the European football leagues where teams are allowed a limited number of American players and the ones they choose not only get paid tons, but are treated like kings there. A solid Division II player can get one of these rides. A friend (see the non name dropping here) who played LB at Cortland State says not only did he not have to pay for drinks and meals for two years he played in Europe but they would fly over girlfriends and buddies to keep the American player happy during the season.

8. He gets all the babes he can eat while cruising the bars as a former NFL player.

Kingsbury has not only earned a chance but is already garnering great benefits from being a ball thrower at camp. The pipedream he will play does come true for the occaisonal Kurt Warner (who apparently was a Wal-Mart stockboy not long before he got his sh--) but it is so rare as to not be a real hope for a fan. As far as concern, I hope no one feels sorry for folks like Kingsbury because his skills have gotten him a great chance and ride.