Rolling ball of butcher knives..heard that befor

I just read the article where they call Kyle Williams or whatever his name is a "rolling ball of butcher knives." That's the same words used to describe Travis Henry a few years ago. Anybody else remember that?

Come to think of it, Stuart Scott seems to be attributed with creating the phrase "cool as the other side of the pillow," but I heard Pat Summerall use that many years before Scott was even on the air. I remember thinking, "good one, Pat, I know exactly what you mean." And when I hear Scott, I thought, "you hack, you thief. You tease, you flirt, you shine all the buttons on your green shirt."

But the first time I head the word "plethora" was OJ Simpson on some football broadcast, I thought it was MNF, describing some dude as having a "plethora of moves." But OJ put the accent on the second syllable. It was that sort of misguided stab at literacy that led to his being improperly accused of attempted decapitation.

I digres... go bills.

Jefe: We have stuffed many pinatas for your birthday celebration!

El Guapo: How many pinatas?

Jefe: Many pinatas, many!

El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

I just read the article where they call Kyle Williams or whatever his name is a "rolling ball of butcher knives."  That's the same words used to describe Travis Henry a few years ago.  Anybody else remember that?

Come to think of it, Stuart Scott seems to be attributed with creating the phrase "cool as the other side of the pillow," but I heard Pat Summerall use that many years before Scott was even on the air.  I remember thinking, "good one, Pat, I know exactly what you mean."  And when I hear Scott, I thought, "you hack, you thief.  You tease, you flirt, you shine all the buttons on your green shirt."

But the first time I head the word "plethora" was OJ Simpson on some football broadcast, I thought it was MNF, describing some dude as having a "plethora of moves."  But OJ put the accent on the second syllable.  It was that sort of misguided stab at literacy that led to his being improperly accused of attempted decapitation.

I digres... go bills.

734436[/snapback]

Yep, i remember the "rolling ball" analogy! Got us fans pumped for the season that year!

If I remember right, Travis was described as a bowling ball covered in razor blades rolling downhill.

I thought the same thing when I read that quote this morning.

734481[/snapback]

Oh yeah....well....Roscoe Parrish is a.....a....Bocce Ball, Covered with Crisco.

<_<

And Shaud Williams is a tennis ball, with pins sticking out of it... (you don't want to mess with him!).

734546[/snapback]

You read it here first: Willis McGahee is a Bucky Ball (truncated icosahedron) with

popsicle sticks rolling down a levy at the speed of sound into choppy water.

Try stopping that suckas.

I just read the article where they call Kyle Williams or whatever his name is a "rolling ball of butcher knives."  That's the same words used to describe Travis Henry a few years ago.  Anybody else remember that?

Come to think of it, Stuart Scott seems to be attributed with creating the phrase "cool as the other side of the pillow," but I heard Pat Summerall use that many years before Scott was even on the air.  I remember thinking, "good one, Pat, I know exactly what you mean."  And when I hear Scott, I thought, "you hack, you thief.  You tease, you flirt, you shine all the buttons on your green shirt."

But the first time I head the word "plethora" was OJ Simpson on some football broadcast, I thought it was MNF, describing some dude as having a "plethora of moves."  But OJ put the accent on the second syllable.  It was that sort of misguided stab at literacy that led to his being improperly accused of attempted decapitation.

I digres... go bills.

734436[/snapback]

"You tease, you flirt, you shine all the buttons on your green shirt."

Hey TC in STL - Elvis allusion noted and appreciated.

Remember:

"You can please yourself, but somebody's gonna get it. You can please yourself but somebody's gonna get hurt""

Stuart Scott seems to be attributed with creating the phrase "cool as the other side of the pillow," but I heard Pat Summerall use that many years before Scott was even on the air.  I remember thinking, "good one, Pat, I know exactly what you mean."  And when I hear Scott, I thought, "you hack, you thief. 

734436[/snapback]

i have been trying to convince people for the last few years that Stu Scott (who claims this is his original creative line) didn't come up with this but Pat Summerall did. In fact the time I heard him use it he was describing Joe Buck.

I can die a happy man.

Stu Scott should be put on a life raft and sent adrift somewhere that no one will ever have to see or hear from him again.

i have been trying to convince people for the last few years that Stu Scott (who claims this is his original creative line) didn't come up with this but Pat Summerall did.  In fact the time I heard him use it he was describing Joe Buck.

I can die a happy man. 

Stu Scott should be put on a life raft and sent adrift somewhere that no one will ever have to see or hear from him again.

734663[/snapback]

Good point. And how can Scott not footnote Summerall whenever he uses that quote?

"You tease, you flirt, you shine all the buttons on your green shirt."

Hey TC in STL -  Elvis allusion noted and appreciated.

Remember:

"You can please yourself, but somebody's gonna get it. You can please yourself but somebody's gonna get hurt""

734604[/snapback]

I never said I was a stoolpigeon, I never said I was a diplomat.

Good catch.

I digres... go bills.

734436[/snapback]

Stuart Scott is terrible