Here's my Training Camp Report from 7/31/06

First of all, the thing that stood out for me, my Dad, and my brother was that JP seemed to do great on 7-on-7, but when it came to 11-on-11 he simply didn't perform very well with a rush in his face (at one point screaming out "!@#$!!!" after not even getting a pass off, which prompted a few "Did he say what I thought he said??" comments from the people in the stands around us). He put a couple throws right in the dirt w/ pressure on him. Losman throws a beautiful ball - too bad you don't get points for playing catch. You could see he was also getting down on himself after mistakes - I just kept hoping he would stop doing that - I just don't think that is something that inspires teammates. Like it or not, our impression was that Holcomb did better w/ 11-on-11 and pressure on him - after a slow start in which he almost got a couple intercepted in a row. At one point Holcomb made two nice consecutive passes to Aiken to opposite sides of the field - at which point I said jokingly to my brother - "They both just cemented starting positions"  One of the Aiken passes was at the expense of Clements - prompting a few people in the crowd to yell "Cmon Nate!!!!:

Even you said that JP struggled a little bit in the 11-11 drills and the slim edge went to Kelly Machine Gun Holcomb, but is there some obvious tell tales that showed JP is not getting "it" with everyone on the field (as the other onlooker mentioned)?

Alright, if you wanna see them i uploaded the pics.... :D

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=367

732889[/snapback]

Some great shots there, Mike. Thanks!

The pic of Aaron Gibson shows one mean mo'fo. Any word on how he is doing so far? I think he is one of the more interesting players to watch this camp.

Some great shots there, Mike. Thanks!

The pic of Aaron Gibson shows one mean mo'fo. Any word on how he is doing so far? I think he is one of the more interesting players to watch this camp.

732905[/snapback]

I don't think moving him to guard is a good sign but it remains to be seen. They say it is because of a logjam at tackle, and they need back-ups at guard, and that they like have their linemen be flexible as far as positions but I am not so sure. This guy is a big tackle. Our back-up left tackle is Matt Morgan. I think Gibson turning into a good player is a longshot but I sure am hoping. We need OL depth desperately.