#1 on the Israeli Top 40

The Few- The Proud- The Marines

This september, John McCains son, 18 year old Jimmy, will report to a U.S. marines corp depot near camp pendelton in SanDiego, after 3 months of specializes training he will be ready to deploy...

Of the 178.000 active-duty marines in the world, some 80.000 have seen a tour in Iraq or Afghanistan.

http://www.time.com/nation/article/0,8599,1220414,00.html

Check out these photos of Hizb'Allah...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,,...5007220,00.html

732135[/snapback]

From my anti-semetic, terrorist-supporting perspective, that is an amazingly bad article. Of the 3 photos that supposedly "damn Hizbollah", 2 of them are of exactly the same scene, shot from a different angle, so there is only really 2 images.

Of these, one shows a fat bloke with a Kalashnikov. So what? What is this supposed to prove? Is he intending to fire his long-range AK47 into northern Israel from East Beirut, where, it is stated, these images came from?

The other shows a mobile anti-aircraft gun. Since Israel is bombing Beirut constantly, I don't think it's that suprising that anti-aircraft guns should be positioned in Beirut. Where exactly can you position anti-aircraft guns to protect Beirut from aerial attack without putting them in Beirut? Again, it's not as if this weapon is going to be used to fire into Northern Israel.

And then we have the image that supposedly "depicts the remnants of a Hezbollah Katyusha rocket in the middle of a residential block blown up in an Israeli air attack", or rather we don't, as the article strangely leaves out the most relevant photo. According to the blurb:

"Hezbollah came in to launch their rockets, then within minutes the area was blasted by Israeli jets," he said.

But hang on a minute, the article stated that the images were taken in East Beirut. So Hizbollah are somehow launching Katyushas from East Beirut into Israel?!

Hizbollah may or may not be launching rockets from residential areas, as the articles states, but the "photos that damn Hizbollah" prove nothing of the sort.

From my anti-semetic, terrorist-supporting perspective, that is an amazingly bad article. Of the 3 photos that supposedly "damn Hizbollah", 2 of them are of exactly the same scene, shot from a different angle, so there is only really 2 images.

Of these, one shows a fat bloke with a Kalashnikov. So what? What is this supposed to prove? Is he intending to fire his long-range AK47 into northern Israel from East Beirut, where, it is stated, these images came from?

The other shows a mobile anti-aircraft gun. Since Israel is bombing Beirut constantly, I don't think it's that suprising that anti-aircraft guns should be positioned in Beirut. Where exactly can you position anti-aircraft guns to protect Beirut from aerial attack without putting them in Beirut? Again, it's not as if this weapon is going to be used to fire into Northern Israel.

And then we have the image that supposedly "depicts the remnants of a Hezbollah Katyusha rocket in the middle of a residential block blown up in an Israeli air attack", or rather we don't, as the article strangely leaves out the most relevant photo. According to the blurb:

"Hezbollah came in to launch their rockets, then within minutes the area was blasted by Israeli jets," he said.

But hang on a minute, the article stated that the images were taken in East Beirut. So Hizbollah are somehow launching Katyushas from East Beirut into Israel?!

Hizbollah may or may not be launching rockets from residential areas, as the articles states, but the "photos that damn Hizbollah" prove nothing of the sort.

732609[/snapback]

<sarcasm>

Because we ALL know Arabs aren't cowards who've mastered the art of using human shields!

</sarcasm>

<sarcasm>

Because we ALL know Arabs aren't cowards who've mastered the art of using human shields!

</sarcasm>

732631[/snapback]

</sarcasm>

As opposed to the heroic and courageous western powers that specialize in carpet bombing of nations that have virtually no air-force.

</sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

As opposed to the heroic and courageous western powers that specialize in carpet bombing of nations that have virtually no air-force.

</sarcasm>

732658[/snapback]

Why do they need to have an Air Force before you are allowed to bomb them?

Why do they need to have an Air Force before you are allowed to bomb them?

732666[/snapback]

They don't, just pointing out that it's hardly an act of courage to drop bombs on people who lack any sort of air defences (didn't someone get fired in the US for making a similar sort of point?)

They don't, just pointing out that it's hardly an act of courage to drop bombs on people who lack any sort of air defences (didn't someone get fired in the US for making a similar sort of point?)

732669[/snapback]

Hezb'Allah seems to be doing pretty well with rockets. Of course, that is OK, since the brave "freedom fighters" are hiding behind women and children while firing those rockets. Those big bad Israelis are just not playing fair.

</sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

732658[/snapback]

If the Arab countries and their populations didn't condone and actively support terrorism, maybe they wouldn't BE bombed. Just a thought.

Hezb'Allah seems to be doing pretty well with rockets. Of course, that is OK, since the brave "freedom fighters" are hiding behind women and children while firing those rockets. Those big bad Israelis are just not playing fair.

732674[/snapback]

I was not the one who brought up the matter of "cowardice", I simply replied to JSP's post where he raised the matter. There's little in modern warfare that is actually "fair".

I was not the one who brought up the matter of "cowardice", I simply replied to JSP's post where he raised the matter.

732684[/snapback]

You make a statement and now you don't want to talk about your statement?

You make a statement and now you don't want to talk about your statement?

732686[/snapback]

I made a statement that bombing people with no air defences is not an act of courage. Nowhere did I say that Hizbollah were "brave freedom fighters" or that the "big, bad Israelis just aren't playing fair".

I made a statement that bombing people with no air defences is not an act of courage. Nowhere did I say that Hizbollah were "brave freedom fighters" or that the "big, bad Israelis just aren't playing fair".

732695[/snapback]

So, you condemn Hezb'Allah for their tactics in their fight with Israel?

So, you condemn Hezb'Allah for their tactics in their fight with Israel?

732699[/snapback]

I certainly condemn them for the rocket attacks since they are attacks on civilian targets and not Israeli military.

How about condemning them for building housing and schools on top of their weapons bunkers, so that when they were destroyed, they could claim that the Israelis were bombing schools and houses?

How about condemning them for building housing and schools on top of their weapons bunkers, so that when they were destroyed, they could claim that the Israelis were bombing schools and houses?

732761[/snapback]

Not actually being in Lebanon, I don't know for sure any more than you do that that is definitely the case.

I was not the one who brought up the matter of "cowardice", I simply replied to JSP's post where he raised the matter. There's little in modern warfare that is actually "fair".

732684[/snapback]

Because previous versions of warfare were more fair? :D

Trust me, if this war was being fought 100 or more years ago, Lebanon would be on it's way to being a footnote in history.